Best electric Trolley?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Gokart is coming up to 4 years old. I specifically asked them about battery charging and they were very clear. Charge as soon after playing as you can, unlpug once complete.

Very similar to Robster59 mine gets left in the garage all year round but has never missed a beat. After the end of the recent lockdown I though it best to charge it again, approx 4 months without use. The battery changed to green, full charge, within 5 minutes of plugging in. That seemed pretty impressive to me.

I don't play 36 holes in a day so I have only ever played 18 with it. No sign of it ever struggling after 18 though, no matter the length or terrain.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think my go kart is closing in on 10 yrs old. It been serviced once. I have had a lithium battery for 6 yrs at least. It just keeps going ! I was thinking of updating but it isn’t broke so cannot justify it.

peld

Visit site
to defend Motocaddy, ive got an S1 with lithium battery that was originally purchased in 2014. I bought it second hand about 3 years ago, and its never missed a beat and still does 18+ holes easily

EDIT to also add, I see a few people mention GoKart. Now i've never knowingly seen one, but when I look at the website, all I see is a mass of plastic - surely they are prone to an irreparable crack ?

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
to defend Motocaddy, ive got an S1 with lithium battery that was originally purchased in 2014. I bought it second hand about 3 years ago, and its never missed a beat and still does 18+ holes easily

EDIT to also add, I see a few people mention GoKart. Now i've never knowingly seen one, but when I look at the website, all I see is a mass of plastic - surely they are prone to an irreparable crack ?
I'm suspecting the consistent praise suggests otherwise. I have one and it is pretty robust, solid plastic. It isn't a Citroen dashboard :LOL:. To crack it you would have to drop it from a serious height, I don't see regular usage causing one.

D

Deleted member 15344

I had an S1 for 8 years - in that time the gear box went and the control cable went. Cost £56 for the gear box and £13 for the cable.

Upgraded 3 years ago to a S3 - the axle snapped when the wheel got stuck and I cracked the screen but both repaired under warranty and pretty quickly (local agent is good )

The Go Karts look very sturdy , they are excellent trollies and the service from them is superb. Only really I don’t get one is the looks

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
I had a Mk1 GoKart for about 10 years & now have a Mk2 lithium. The Mk1 was dropped, crashed, hit by golf balls, hurled into the car after every use etc & I never saw any cracks in it.
Looks wise they're not to everyone's taste but then some other makes mentioned here, IMO look like a load of scaffolding held together with meccano bolts. Horses for etc.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

I could say that metal framed trolleys are more subject to rusting, corrosion, etc. Modern plastics are extremely strong and robust if designed correctly. I hear of more breakages on this forum from Powakaddys and Motocaddies than I ever hear of from GoKarts. There continues to be this impression that plastic = flimsy. It really isn't. Certainly not on the GoKart. I see the plastic as being a positive because of the fact that it doesn't corrode. It is easy to clean and I have even had this thing roll into a burn and come out working perfectly. My mates, however, thought it was hilarious.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Powakaddy FW7s is coming up on 4 years old, no issues with it at all and the 36 hole lithium battery is still performing pretty much as new.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I know its tempting to buy online, but I would 100% go to see the hardwear. Even if its not the specific model. Things like the handle height and unbrella holder positions make a massive difference to comfort and ease of use.

Also worth noting that lighter trollies, though they creak at the joints a bit more are more efficient on the battery.

I have a Powacaddy FW3 I think, with a 18 hole lithium battery. I barely use it as I prefer the efficiency of carrying, and the handle are slightly too low, meaning the weird stoop I use to push it does more damage to my back than carrying!!

The 18 hole lithium battery has been a real star, regularly (at least 6 times a season) manages 36 holes in a day never failed. Has a personal best of 52 holes during the Cancer research longest day challenge.

The led display lasted about 6 months of very light use, probably 10 rounds before sections of the display stopped working, a bit dissapointing but as all it shows is the speed its not an issue worth solving for me.

If I had my time again, I'd probably have checked other manufacturers more thoroughly to see if there were any with better ergonomics.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I've had one of these for nearly 20 years. The bloody thing just wont die.
I keep looking at new trolleys, but even using man maths, I'm really struggling to justify one given mine works and is extremely simple to use. The new ones just look like they have lots of things designed to go wrong on them.

I looked at PK that was nearly £800 whch seemed to be built from aluminium cans and yoghurt pot plastic.

https://www.customprogolf.co.uk/fraser-foldaway-electric-golf-trolley-refurbished-6743-p.asp

TigerBear

Visit site
I could say that metal framed trolleys are more subject to rusting, corrosion, etc. Modern plastics are extremely strong and robust if designed correctly. I hear of more breakages on this forum from Powakaddys and Motocaddies than I ever hear of from GoKarts. There continues to be this impression that plastic = flimsy. It really isn't. Certainly not on the GoKart. I see the plastic as being a positive because of the fact that it doesn't corrode. It is easy to clean and I have even had this thing roll into a burn and come out working perfectly. My mates, however, thought it was hilarious.

The more I look into Gokart the more I'm impressed. Giving it serious consideration but the extras on the Moto and Powakaddy's are edging it for me.

Also I think we will generally hear of more issues with Motocaddy and Powakaddy because they are by far the most popular trolleys.

TigerBear

Visit site
Also I'm just in from American Golf, the sales person said that Motocaddy and Powakaddy are made by the same company!!

So basically the same product. Put's an end to this whole one is better than the other in terms of build.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As per the above point, same company, different brands:

VW, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati,

VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda share a good deal but there are definite differences between them. As a Skoda driver I am happy to concede that the inside of an Audi is of superior quality.

Interesting discovery though, I didn't know that.

TigerBear

Visit site
What is the forums thoughts on EBS?

I play at quite a hilly course. But is it more of an annoyance? Are there any drawbacks to the EBS technology?

Disappointingly it doesn't seem like Gokart comes with any EBS technology or even the auto distance technology e.g. where you can set the trolley to travel set distances of 15, 30 or 50y?

D

Deleted member 15344

Also I'm just in from American Golf, the sales person said that Motocaddy and Powakaddy are made by the same company!!

So basically the same product. Put's an end to this whole one is better than the other in terms of build.

There has been that “rumour” for a while but I believe that when Powerkaddy went into administration they were bought out by their old owners and designers ( also did the Hillbilly )

But I don’t think they are actually owned or made by the same people

Kennysarmy

Visit site
There has been that “rumour” for a while but I believe that when Powerkaddy went into administration they were bought out by their old owners and designers ( also did the Hillbilly )

But I don’t think they are actually owned or made by the same people

I don't think they are either, but it's quite possible parts are made in the same one factory in China.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
What is the forums thoughts on EBS?

I play at quite a hilly course. But is it more of an annoyance? Are there any drawbacks to the EBS technology?

Disappointingly it doesn't seem like Gokart comes with any EBS technology or even the auto distance technology e.g. where you can set the trolley to travel set distances of 15, 30 or 50y?
My course is very hilly and I've never really thought about it (admittedly my GoKart is over 10 years old so technology has changed since then). I've not missed EBS or auto-distance to be honest. I know some people who have them on their Powakaddys and Motocaddys but you need to be sure where you point them before you push the button. I've seen a few accidents as a result of misjudged distances. And, of course, the more stuff you want on it, the more expensive it gets. The simplicity of the GoKart is what appeals to me. Flick a switch, turn the speed control and I'm away (or just push the handle on the auto speed control models). Of course, I understand some people like all the other bits as well. It's all horses for courses.