BBC Masters coverage

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
We all know that the BBC's golf coverage has been pretty much diluted in recent years with the only live golf being the last two days of The Masters,The British Masters and the Ryder Cup with highlights of other events but I cant find any BBC golf coverage info for 2017 (obviously no Ryder Cup) at all for this year :confused:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
We all know that the BBC's golf coverage has been pretty much diluted in recent years with the only live golf being the last two days of The Masters,The British Masters and the Ryder Cup with highlights of other events but I cant find any BBC golf coverage info for 2017 (obviously no Ryder Cup) at all for this year :confused:

Get Sky.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
From what I can gather, BBC are only showing highlights from now on - nothing live. Maybe something on the Red Button but no mainstream live coverage..

DCB

Visit site
It's a good few weeks yet, so, I wouldn't worry about the Beeb coverage just yet. They'll start banging on about it by the end of March 😉

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Theres no way i'm paying those Sky fee's,had it for years when it was more sensibly priced but not now,ive been paying a tenner to watch the big events through nowtv and thats how i'll watch the Masters but enjoy Mr Aliss's comms on the BBC :).

Get one of the reasonably priced morally ambiguous streaming subs that are available. I hear one can get an entire year for the price of a month of sky.

Last edited:

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
BBC don't have any live coverage at all this year I believe.

If you don't want to subscribe to sky each month just get NowTV. £10.99 for a week pass and you can watch on multiple devices. That's what I do nowadays.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
BBC don't have any live coverage at all this year I believe.

If you don't want to subscribe to sky each month just get NowTV. £10.99 for a week pass and you can watch on multiple devices. That's what I do nowadays.

Our Broadband is rubbish to support live sport, if I ditched Sky and went for Now Tv could i get the signal through the dish ?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
But the problem with NowTV is that you can't record it.
There's no way I would want to watch golf on Sky without being able to skip through all the interminable adverts. (I don't care about watching things "absolutely live". I'm happy to wait a couple of hours and then chase-play a recording so I can skip the ads).

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
But the problem with NowTV is that you can't record it.
There's no way I would want to watch golf on Sky without being able to skip through all the interminable adverts. (I don't care about watching things "absolutely live". I'm happy to wait a couple of hours and then chase-play a recording so I can skip the ads).

If I can watch the Masters for a tenner I'm happy :).

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Find it a real loss to the game this is not on the bbc.

I do however find their coverage had got very dated through underinvestment much like their cricket coverage.

Sadly terrestrial TV has just been priced out of the market. I think the days of free to air live sports coverage are pretty much over.

Guess I will find one way or another to view the coverage in this modern age.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't miss it not being on BBC if I'm honest.

Sky's coverage is fantastic and made even better if it's a Major.

D

Deleted member 15344

It's green, it's pretty it's getting closer, it's @TheMasters and it's on the #BBC
#kenonthecourse

:whoo:

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wouldnt say skys fees are mega high, you just need to bargain with them. I have 100mb internet, all the tv channels including sky sports and such, an extra recordable box upstairs and i pay £64 a month. I got mates that pay almost double that