BBC

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
No names, no claims.
If I ever watch TV these days I tune away from the BBC.
It's lost nearly all live sport events.
You might even have to pay more for TV licence soon.

"The use of a television receiver without a valid licence can lead to prosecution, a court appearance and a fine of up to £1,000. In some cases".

“Trust is like an antique, once it's broken, it can never be replaced.”
“If someone betrays you once, it's their fault. If they betray you twice, it's your fault.”

D

Deleted member 15344

No names, no claims.

"The use of a television receiver without a valid licence can lead to prosecution, a court appearance and a fine of up to £1,000. In some cases".

“If someone betrays you once, it's their fault. If they betray you twice, it's your fault.”
Yet it’s still significantly cheaper than subscription Telly and provides a wide range of products to try and suit every single person

If everyone paid £100 a month then the BBC would be able to pay the huge sums sports want for broadcasting now

The BBC has 2 main channels and has a vast array of programming - it doesn’t have a dedicated sports or film or drama channel etc

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
No names, no claims.

A proposed increase of 8.2% next April...an extra £13 to £172

Last edited:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Yet it’s still significantly cheaper than subscription Telly and provides a wide range of products to try and suit every single person

Or, they could have advertising and charge nowt!

Next door neighbour is a cameraman who went from BBC to Sky... he can tell you a few stories about "over manning" and some odd practices.... :whistle:

D

Deleted member 15344

Or, they could have advertising and charge nowt!

Next door neighbour is a cameraman who went from BBC to Sky... he can tell you a few stories about "over manning" and some odd practices.... :whistle:

What difference will advertisements make when looking to get big sports or changing programming- ITV aren’t showing many as well.

There are some stunning programs on BBC - anything with Attenborough is special

Then add in all the drama programs it’s produced over the years

Value for money there is nothing that beats it when the license fee for the year is around the same as Sky subscription per month

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
TV licence fee buys you what? 4 TV channels + local channels + radio. Sky subscription buys at least 40-50 channels. We probably watch, sort of watch, about 1 hours worth of the Beeb a day. The rest of the time it’s Sky. I guess the value for money is Sky.

PS, we don’t have a licence.

D

Deleted member 15344

1) Revenue streams to pay for it.
2) Programming Choice in a free market.

Apart from that. Absolutely no difference what so ever.
And people then have to sit through adverts all day long during their programming

The level of adverts to recoup the same amount of funding from the licence fee would be through the roof

For many they pick up the subscriptions for the other services but there are millions that just rely on the terrestrial Telly

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm glad for the opportunity to watch a programme without being interrupted by adverts. Same goes for radio.
I certainly don't like the model of subscribing to a service and still having adverts played constantly.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And people then have to sit through adverts all day long during their programming

The level of adverts to recoup the same amount of funding from the licence fee would be through the roof

For many they pick up the subscriptions for the other services but there are millions that just rely on the terrestrial Telly
I don't know about others but we use the record and fast forward buttons. ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

It's only great value if you like the programs it produces. It doesn't matter the number of channels, the cost per day etc. If you don't like what they put out, you shouldn't be forced to pay for it.
Is it just the programs the money goes towards ?

I have only met one person who didn’t pay the license fee because he didn’t watch any programs - yet he listened to BBC radio and also used their website

But the choice is there - people can not pay it and use streaming services

But I’m pretty sure that even those complaining about BBC and the cost will use something funded from the fee

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have only met one person who didn’t pay the license fee because he didn’t watch any programs - yet he listened to BBC radio and also used their website

But I’m pretty sure that even those complaining about BBC and the cost will use something funded from the fee

I think that the only thing I use regularly is the BBC sport website and there are plenty of alternatives I could use. I rarely watch any BBC TV (or in fact ITV or other traditionally terrestrial channels) and there is as much David Attenborough on Netflix now as there is the BBC. The music radion stations are far less appealing now and have been superceded by commercial options and 5 live lost me when all sport was bumped to Sports Extra in favour of even the most minor football match.

Sadly to me the BBC has had its day.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I watch the BBC, listen to the radio. If it became optional, I would pay it.

My kids, 21 and 23, don't listen to any BBC radio or watch any BBC channels. The BBC's own research states that is standard and is a big worry for them. They have a licence because they do watch some live tv, it just is not the BBC. If the BBC signal was scrambled, they would not pay it, would not miss it.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site

We all know lots of people who claim they don’t pay for it but actually do, too.