BBC

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do wonder if the BBC have basically had a knee-jerk reaction to the multiple scandals when they clearly SHOULD have sacked an employee. Only time will tell but he's saying he isn't happy, two sides to every story, and that lawyers will be involved...

Swango1980

Visit site
I do wonder if the BBC have basically had a knee-jerk reaction to the multiple scandals when they clearly SHOULD have sacked an employee. Only time will tell but he's saying he isn't happy, two sides to every story, and that lawyers will be involved...
I doubt Jenas is going to hold his hands up and admit to being a bad boy :)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Should anyone in any job be sacked over an allegation.
It might be unfounded.

Until proven guilty it’s wrong.
If they have the proof then show it.

The press only tell us what they want us to know.
Can’t help thinking it’s a two tier system given what Edward’s did.
Reading this morning, Jenas is not happy about it and says there is two sides to every story. I have a feeling things will unravel over the course of time.

Swango1980

Visit site
True. He could just go quietly though if he has been a bad boy...

It's all conjecture though and only time will tell. I won't be quick to believe Twitter that is a fact...
I'm definitely not believing twitter, I don't have it.

But, based on probability, it is likely he has done something that many would consider inappropriate at work, because it isn't easy to sack people for little. Especially a well known company like the BBC.

But, I expect Jenas to issue statements that at least try and defend his reputation, rather than quietly say nothing and let the likes of twitter have a field day in guessing what he did.

Of course, if the BBC over reacted, like sacked him for doing an especially smelly fart in the studio, then Jenas should fight the decision and reveal how over sensitive the BBC are

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.
In light of the recent staffing issues, I struggle to see that the BBC would take action without fully checking all claims and with their lawyers.

Swango1980

Visit site
So it shouldn’t be an allegation anymore if proven.
Language is important so we keep being told.!
They are not sentencing him to prison, so probably does not need to proven beyond reasonable doubt. But, it'll still need a thorough investigation so that they are confident sacking him is a reasonable reaction.

Of course, had this allegation been made, and the BBC had decided to keep him on the pay role, despite having enough information to strongly back up the allegation, then they'd be absolutely slated for doing so.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are not sentencing him to prison, so probably does not need to proven beyond reasonable doubt. But, it'll still need a thorough investigation so that they are confident sacking him is a reasonable reaction.

Of course, had this allegation been made, and the BBC had decided to keep him on the pay role, despite having enough information to strongly back up the allegation, then they'd be absolutely slated for doing so.
If they have the proof why keep calling it a allegation on their own news bulletins?

If they think it’s important the public know about the allegation
They must think showing us the proof is just as important.

Swango1980

Visit site
If they have the proof why keep calling it a allegation on their own news bulletins?

If they think it’s important the public know about the allegation
They must think showing us the proof is just as important.
They will have to announce something, as they've sacked a high profile employee who works for a high profile organization.

It doesn't mean they need to share their entire investigation to the public. What would you like? If it is text message related, should they share the messages to the rest of the world?

At the end of the day, he was sacked because of certain allegations. How else should the news phrase this? I think it is reasonable to assume that the BBC didn't sack him on the spot after hearing the allegation for the first time. They must have looked into it in a fair bit of detail, to ensure there hasn't been a big misunderstanding, and it turns out they sacked him for doing absolutely nothing.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure if he is, technically, an employee. A lot of BBC presenters are self employed and contracted to the BBC on that basis. Can make a difference on what they can and cannot do dismissal wise.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They will have to announce something, as they've sacked a high profile employee who works for a high profile organization.

It doesn't mean they need to share their entire investigation to the public. What would you like? If it is text message related, should they share the messages to the rest of the world?

At the end of the day, he was sacked because of certain allegations. How else should the news phrase this? I think it is reasonable to assume that the BBC didn't sack him on the spot after hearing the allegation for the first time. They must have looked into it in a fair bit of detail, to ensure there hasn't been a big misunderstanding, and it turns out they sacked him for doing absolutely nothing.
Don’t use the word allegation then.

Use misconduct .

Allegation suggests it hasn’t been finalised that’s all I’m saying.