BBC

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
"The use of a television receiver without a valid license can lead to prosecution, a court appearance and a fine of up to £1,000. In some cases".
I'm not sure how your TV licensing works.
There are four-wall mounted TVs in our home,
not to mention digital devices that stream television programming as well.

Some automobiles, although certainly not most, have TV in back as well.
[I don't have that.]

In the UK, would one have to pay a licensing fee for every single television receiver?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm not sure how your TV licensing works.
There are four-wall mounted TVs in our home,
not to mention digital devices that stream television programming as well.

Some automobiles, although certainly not most, have TV in back as well.
[I don't have that.]

In the UK, would one have to pay a licensing fee for every single television receiver?
One licence per household

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone watch 'Douglas is Cancelled'
Pretty serious comedy with some brilliant acting.
Probably more fact based than fiction.:oops:
Bit like Drop The Dead Donkey was suppose to be far closer to reality than comedy.

If Jenas has done what has been inferred then walk away with your head down and don't embarrass yourself trying to fight it. Doubt he'll do that though

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not sure if he is, technically, an employee. A lot of BBC presenters are self employed and contracted to the BBC on that basis. Can make a difference on what they can and cannot do dismissal wise.
He was an employee, earning £190,000 - £195,000 per annum. He also worked for other third party production companies who make content for the BBC, his earnings from that are not included in the previous figure.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you were to ask me do I trust the BBC HR Department to react and act correctly then I'd say no - until they prove otherwise. Their recent history is pretty horrendous.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Presumably he did what he said he was going to do. He spoke to his lawyer...........who told him he was an idiot, he did it, stop pretending otherwise. 😄
Yes but what I don’t like is the BBC sacking him while he’s on air on another platform.
Didn’t have the decency to tell him to his face he’s been sacked for misconduct!
Just stuck to the allegation line.
Pathetic from BBC imo.

Nobody should be sacked publicly until they have been told to their face.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes but what I don’t like is the BBC sacking him while he’s on air on another platform.
Didn’t have the decency to tell him to his face he’s been sacked for misconduct!
Just stuck to the allegation line.
Pathetic from BBC imo.

Nobody should be sacked publicly until they have been told to their face.
Are you crossing your wires here? Do you not mean YOU found out he was sacked while he was on air on Talksport?

The Sky article says Jenas said he was sacked on Monday. Presumably he found out before us?

Voyager EMH

Visit site
He has been naughty and he has been sacked for being naughty.
About as interesting to me as the MP who said he was looking at tractors, although he resigned to avoid being sacked.
Big yawns.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
He has been naughty and he has been sacked for being naughty.
About as interesting to me as the MP who said he was looking at tractors, although he resigned to avoid being sacked.
Big yawns.

Totally agree. Not an enormous fan of Jenas as a pundit anyway. Always a bit up himself for my liking, fancying himself as the next Gary Lineker. At least his crass behaviour has saved us from years of having to suffer him every time we turn on the TV.

He’ll be forgotten about very, very quickly.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are you crossing your wires here? Do you not mean YOU found out he was sacked while he was on air on Talksport?

The Sky article says Jenas said he was sacked on Monday. Presumably he found out before us?
Quite clearly said on the news “while on air”
But the press don’t usually exaggerate do they.😳

Got what he deserved in the end.
But I do wish they would stop using the allegation claim and call it what it is.
Inappropriate behaviour!

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Totally agree. Not an enormous fan of Jenas as a pundit anyway. Always a bit up himself for my liking, fancying himself as the next Gary Lineker. At least his crass behaviour has saved us from years of having to suffer him every time we turn on the TV.

I have no opinion of him as a TV presenter. Never watch The One Show and rarely watch Match Of The Day.
It was the reporting of "the story" that I found unexceptional and uninteresting.
"Chap gets the sack for being naughty" - :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have no opinion of him as a TV presenter. Never watch The One Show and rarely watch Match Of The Day.
It was the reporting of "the story" that I found unexceptional and uninteresting.
"Chap gets the sack for being naughty" - :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Sexual harassment in the workplace, at a national broadcaster, is a story. Particularly following the recent history of that broadcaster.

You don't have to follow it, yet, you are interested enough to post twice about it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Who will 😉😁