Ask the experts... courses questions

D

Deleted member 1418

Have you ever lied to a course owner/designer that you enjoyed their course when you actually didn't?

Which former or current player do you think is the best course designer?

D

Deleted member 16999

If either of you could make changes to any course or hole, which course or hole would it be and why?

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are good practice facilities at courses a key quality, added bonus or no real impact given this often seems neglected due to space or members not concerned about those facilities?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If you had to play only one course for the rest of your lives, which would it be?

How many have you played? I will pass 400 this year! Are you sad like me and keep a spreadsheet?
Rob has played over 1000 and Jezz is not far short of that...if my memory serves me right.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One course that is definitely on my bucket list is Formby Ladies. Are there other notable 'ladies' golf courses in the UK, courses built with mostly female players in mind?
Wirral ladies is a lovely course .
It’s a good test but not long enough for lots of men.
But the welcome we got was fantastic and it’s worth a visit.

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you could only play one course for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you ever thought that some courses just don’t suit your game.
I have always played a clockwise course , with most trouble on the left.
I recently played an anti clockwise one and thought how easy it was compared to my normal courses.
There are courses that are stunning but I won’t play them as I seem to struggle with the layout.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Forgetting infrastructure, crowd management, length and other normal pro-tournament criteria, and just for the sheer hell of it:-

1. Which UK links course would you love to see the open played on?

2. Which UK inland course would you love to see the Ryder cup on?

NearHull

Visit site
If you had to play only one course for the rest of your lives, which would it be?

How many have you played? I will pass 400 this year! Are you sad like me and keep a spreadsheet?
I have a scorecard from every course that I’ve played, never counted them.

My question. Have you ever played, or know of, an “unplayable” course? I.e. a course set up beyond your skill level. I once was on a practice green before a round in the States and we all struggled to keep the ball on the green. Truly considered not playing as we believed we may not be good enough to play it. We did play and thankfully the greens were not as fast as the practice green. (H’caps low teens)