We want your questions for FootJoy!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hello everyone
Myself and GM technical editor Joel are off to FJ HQ in Boston for an access all areas trip.
We've got time with the R&D experts, designers, marketing gurus and other key staff so here's your chance to ask them a question.
We want questions on all areas of the FJ business, so of course footwear but also apparel, socks and gloves...
The best questions will be put to the FJ team and we'll publish the answers. If you submit a question please put your real name and where you live.
If your question is selected then you'll get a little something!
I know how many threads we get on golf shoes especially so expecting some top quality questions!
Over to you
Mike

D

Deleted member 16999

With so many manufacturer's in the market place, what are the FJ future projects that ensure they'll maintain their position as the No1 Shoe company.

Paul Murray, Seaham

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
With the advent of the spikeless shoe and the increase in more athletic shoe styling, how hard is it to compete with companies that have a long heritage in trainer production and companies who can develop one style or technological advance to use across numerous sports.

Greg Begy
Grantham

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of your main rivals has produced a asymmetric golf shoe, are you inclined to follow suit? or will Footjoy come to market with something new, as was the case when DNA launched?

Dave Spratt
Newcastle

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Do you think that the drive to produce a "different" shoe has driven design too far down the gimmick route?

Nick Gould
Leicestershire

Davehard8

Medal Winner
Visit site
My DNA are the best shoes I have ever purchased. My question is. Did the designer get the recognition that they deserved, as the likes of Bob vokey and Scotty Cameron get. Shoes are just as important. Awesome shoes.

adiemel

Head Pro
Visit site
I suffer with plantar fasciitis I have to wear special insoles which I have to buy to go into my shoes. Is there any possibility of you looking into making a shoe that would help people with conditions like this that automatically have the support in them rather than having to keep paying out for new insoles to go into my golf shoes please.

Adrian Mellish
Huntingdon Cambs

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
With the various types of shoe and other FJ apparel in the future is there consideration for a Waterproof sock to enhance the already varied range for all seasons?

As a dedicated FJ consumer do I have an option to get my shoes reconditioned similar to my other footwear to refinish the surface of the leather, as they are so comfortable and feel like a sock rather than a shoe. This is what I want to keep as well as add new items to my range. With this reconditioning can I have my spikeless shoes re-soled as with the release of new models my your colour scheme may not be to my liking, but a new sole would solve this.

Steve Lever
St Helens,

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Self confessed Footjoy fanboy..

Footjoy have not yet gone down the route of Gore Tex fabric for the waterproof apparel is there a specific reason for this?

How important do Footjoy believe correct layering is for the amateur golfer?

What is philosophy when designing apparel do you look at the amateur or the professional golfer or is that not important?

Chris Milton
Aberdare

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Leather has long been the premium material for shoes and, although many other materials have come and gone, is there a decent material on the horizon that might be better than leather?

Brian Baggins
Redcar

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having just purchased my 12th pair of footjoy shoes (hyperflex) I am absolutely delighted with the performance and comfort - but concerned about how I am going to keep them clean over time! Is there a recommended cleaner for the uppers?

Duncan Mackie
Kent

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Do you feel that a plateau has been reached in the design of novel features for the golf glove, or is there still a noteworthy deficit that needs to be addressed?

Jack Turnbull,
Manchester.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whilst I appreciate that styling that affect a shoe sizing, why is there not a single way of measuring shoes for fitting, including wide etc. at the moment buyers have to physically try on shoes in different sizes from all manufacturers to find ones that fit, why is it not standard that a 9.5W will fit me in all shoes. I've even seen the same said across single manufacturers shoes (FJ included, infant the DNA seemed to be particularly strange in shoes sizing for some individuals)

Brian Tracy
Basingstoke

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
When did Footjoy take the decision to use inferior leather for their Dryjoys?

Last two pairs bought have worn out over the toe in just a few weeks without any acknowledgement from FJ that there is an issue.

Jerry Birtles
London
(ex FJ afficionado)