We want your questions for FootJoy!

Thexindi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is the future for FJ, with the great advances in footwear for golf especially with shoes like FJ DNA how do you see the future for golf footwear?

John Price
Walsall - West Midlands

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been very disappointed in the build quality of my last 2 pairs of footjoys, most lasted less than 4 or 5 rounds before the upper separated from the sole causing leaks. this has lead me away from the FJ range as before they were my go to shoe. So has quality been upped recently and how can you tempt my custom back as I feel it's lacked over the last few incarnations.

Ps they were boa contours and the xps shoes.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
The FootJoy Icon Black shoes look absolutely stunning but at double the price of other top end shoes I'd need to do a bit of saving and carefully hide the receipt from the Mrs. What are the premium features that make this shoe stand out from the crowd?

OR

I've just bought a new pair of Hyperflex shoes and they are the best golf shoes I've ever owned. However you've only currently got two colour options with the BOA lacing do you plan on extending the selection or introducing a Myjoy option?

Tiger de Souza, Ipswich

PS Mike and Joel if they'd like a forum member to do a user review on a pair of tan/cappucino Icon Blacks I am willing to take one for the team ;) size 12 please!

Last edited:

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What's the process / time line for a new shoe from initial concept up until it hits the Tour Pro's and then John Q Public?

Adam Heyes
Chorley, Lancashire

Last edited:

GeeTee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
do they designers make up so many different colour combinations of shoes with the intentions that the punters will buy multiple pairs to match their outfits?

gareth Thomson
Ayrshire

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
In my casual wear, I like to wear sport cross-over clothes where possible, something like polos, shirts, trainers, etc. Do FJ have a range that can be worn off course rather than on course? Apologies if my head has been in the sand and you already do this!

Matt Bunner
Surrey

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Where will shoe development go next?
changeable paneling on the shoe exterior to match clothing?
Insoles to fix a swing error (e.g. Sway)?

Matt Masters
Surrey

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What do you see as the future of Golf shoe design - Classic or Athletic style?

Why were the Aqualites/AQL series discontinued when there was no direct replacement available?

And, following on from MattyBoy's idea:
Have you had discussions with rulemakers on the 'legality' of asymmetric designs as "building a stance" falls foul of the Rules?

Preet Dost
Middlesex

D4RK1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've never owned a pair of golf shoes other than adidas.
How would footjoy sway new customers away from what they already know and love? Would FJ ever consider a trade in offer where you part ex your old shoes for new. They could have bands to keep the swaps fair. Ie premium, mid range and budget shoes.

Mark O'Shea. Walsall.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do Footjoy have any future plans with regards to the design of golf gloves? I suffer from arthritic joints in my hands - worsened by the strains of the golf grip and pressure on the joints. The Bionic glove claims to help alleviate discomfort although was (is?) considered illegal in competitions. Aer there any designs/fabrics in the pipeline to minimise pressure on the joints of the hand?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
1) Are the Greenjoys the best 'value' shoes ever made? 2) They are comfy, smart and waterproof, so what would you say to convince me to part more than double this amount for, say, DNAs?

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the feedback on this forum is to be believed the build quality of Fj shoes has gone down recently, as a committed Fj shoe wearer I would like to buy a new pair as my others are at least 4 years old (but still in good condition and waterproof). What would you say to convince me to invest in a new pair of Fj's

Steve ashford

Last edited:

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will FJ ever make more 'colourful' gloves to keep up with the likes of Rickie Fowler, Ian Poulter etc who seem to set the trend for colourful outfits and make a move in a seemingly empty market of colourful golf gloves?

Adam Duff
Woking

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will FJ ever make more 'colourful' gloves to keep up with the likes of Rickie Fowler, Ian Poulter etc who seem to set the trend for colourful outfits and make a move in a seemingly empty market of colourful golf gloves?

Adam Duff
Woking

They already do, the FJ Spectrum range

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have FJ ever thought of joining forces with other brands (sponsors) & producing exact replica Polo shirts, ie with other brands & exactly as the tour players wear .?

its a massive business in Football, Rubgy , basketball baseball etc so just wondering as id be interested in buying something like that

Bill Martin
Kildare
Ireland

Last edited:

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
As far as I can see FJ offer "Limited 1-Year Waterproof Guarantee FootJoy warrants that this golf shoe will be waterproof in normal use for one year." on every single pair of golf shoes no matter what RRP is.
Surely the Icon or Dry Joy Next Advancement for example could be in a position to offer an extended waterproof guarantee given the myriad of new materials used when compared to the likes of a Greenjoy which retails at 1/3 of the price of the DNA?

Rod Scott
County Kerry

V

vkurup

As far as I can see FJ offer "Limited 1-Year Waterproof Guarantee FootJoy warrants that this golf shoe will be waterproof in normal use for one year." on every single pair of golf shoes no matter what RRP is.
Surely the Icon or Dry Joy Next Advancement for example could be in a position to offer an extended waterproof guarantee given the myriad of new materials used when compared to the likes of a Greenjoy which retails at 1/3 of the price of the DNA?

Rod Scott
County Kerry

My DNA is looking like it has started leaking already... (less than 1 year on)... gutted about it.

Anyways questions>>

1) Do you recommend different shoes for summer v/s winter
2) Would you recommend people have a multiple (minimum two) pairs of golf shoes, so they dont wear their's out quickly.... (no reference to Homer pl)
3) The world of running is talking about 'barefoot'/'naked' running shoes with thin soled shoes. Would you see Golf going down that route?

Vinesh Kurup
Surrey