Are dedicated tee times illegal

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I was speaking to a solicitor today whilst attending a course at work. We got on to the subject of golf and I explained that I am restricted to when I can play as I have to make way for dedicated tee times for seniors and women. She said that was illegal and they can't do that. I simply answered "if it was illegal it wouldn't be able to happen and it would have been challenged by now"

She seems pretty sure. Any views or experience please
Surely if the tee is reserved for Seniors or Women it's because that's the space for their competitions? Much as many clubs have a time set aside for Medals/Comps

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last edited:

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely if the tee is reserved for Seniors or Women it's because that's the space for their competitions? Much as many clubs have a time set aside for Medals/Comps
That's correct. But my previous club would have seniors comps running all day on a Monday. No dedicated tee time blocking access to the course for others

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They may also be breaking trade legislation if your membership is advertised as 7 days but essentially you cannot make use of it for all 7 days during the winter months.

In winter the same would apply to virtually any day as there are simply not enough tee slots for compared to the number of members.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there a tee booking for men's competitions? I guess the seniors can get on the course for that but can women?
At the belfry everyone has unrestricted access to the course. All members have to book a tee times. If it was "your groups" competition day you just entered at the desk. This system worked very well