Anybodys club accepting guests after reopening? Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Members only in two balls for the first month - no guests or visitors. Looking earlier - every slot between now and next Thursday was booked - and bookings for Friday 22nd opened 50mins ago. I've just looked and every tee time on that Friday is now taken. Fortunately my mate has stuck as down for an early evening slot - the last one of the day 6:50pm - unfortunately I've just realised that I can't play - would have had to be earlier :(

Just checked my roll-ups WhatsApp group and there are moans and concerns - next Friday was fully booked by 8:04pm...4minutes after bookings opened

Last edited:

Wedgey

Club Champion
Visit site
Members only in two balls for the first month - no guests or visitors. Looking earlier - every slot between now and next Thursday was booked - and bookings for Friday 22nd opened 50mins ago. I've just looked and every tee time on that Friday is now taken. Fortunately my mate has stuck as down for an early evening slot - the last one of the day 6:50pm - unfortunately I've just realised that I can't play - would have had to be earlier :(

For ravensworth:
the first 7 days of regulations, tee times will initially be for members only. For the following 7 days visitors will only be allowed if there are large identified patches of unallocated tee times. Any visitor tee times will be strictly limited and will only be released in small number on the morning of play not impacting the number of tees available to members. After 14 days visitors will be able to book 2 days in advance while members 3 days in advance. At weekends visitors tee times will be restricted. Please note we will be reviewing this on Monday 18th when we have had time to monitor tee time booking

Dunstanburgh, only 100 odd members so visitors allowed to book anytime except Sunday before 11ish

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Just checked my roll-ups WhatsApp group and there are moans and concerns - next Friday was fully booked by 8:04pm...4minutes after bookings opened
I think you've already highlighted the issue. It should be one person per slot booking rather than letting someone book extra slots. Think if your roll up group had to all log in then it would give others time to book a slot. Surely letting them book en masse isn't fair to the majority of the membership

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, very true

But you can't really find this out unless you start your system with members only surely
Atleast for a trial period

Like I say
I'm just after feedback right now for my mate

If your tee sheet isn’t full with members this week then it would suggest you need to as many visitors as you can get on otherwise you so won’t have to worry about anyone playing at all as you won’t be able to!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your tee sheet isn’t full with members this week then it would suggest you need to as many visitors as you can get on otherwise you so won’t have to worry about anyone playing at all as you won’t be able to!

The club in question tee sheet is full
7am til 7pm the last 3 days
But feel the green eyed monsters from certain sections of his committee are looking to open it up

So much for loyalty eh....

D

Deleted member 21258

One of the members club is taking visitors but has a restricted full membership numbers, so availability of tee times is not an issue
Proprietor club, is allowing members guests I think
Others I think are members only currently(when open)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We lease the land from the council, and part of the terms is allowing an element of pay and play. From next week there are 5 tee times per day reserved for visitors, in a block, around lunchtime. They have to book.
If they are not booked, on the day, members can use them.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
where in the guidance from England golf does it say members only Rob?

My mistake, I must have misunderstood the committee's decision on opening,
We are a small club with an honesty box, so to keep tee times available to members we are at present turning visitors away, although a few have taken membership forms away with them and we have had a few enquiries via social media with regard membership

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Members only as we are currently 2 balls only and having to tee book. Only when it's fully returned to normal will visitors and members guests be allowed.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think you've already highlighted the issue. It should be one person per slot booking rather than letting someone book extra slots. Think if your roll up group had to all log in then it would give others time to book a slot. Surely letting them book en masse isn't fair to the majority of the membership

Sorry - you misunderstood me there homer. We can only book ourself plus one other in the one tee time. My mention of the WhatsApp group was simply where I found out that it only took 4mins for all tee times to be taken and others had failed also. Back in the day it was well advertised that our sat am roll up went off from 10:30 and usually all off by 11:15. But that informal reservation and all other such reservations other than ladies Tuesday morning slot have been cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.