What different types of memberships are your clubs offering.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£195 first payment which includes social club fees, then 6 monthly payments of £65.
normally play 3 times a week, so on average 150 a year works out at about £3 a round.

Oddsocks, would it not be prudent to speak to the club as a group and offer a monthly payment of £75 over a ten month period which would guarantee you membership with free unlimited golf, 40 members on this scheme would generate £30k of income for the club

Copsewood ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This is what we're offering. Its broken down like many on age (which I hate) and has the joining fee frozen at present. The only other option it does offer is to existing members where you can pay a set amount (not sure what the figure is) and get 12 rounds per year. It means you can still enter monthly medal and stablefords and so retain your handicap but your voting rights are frozen and you can't enter honour board events. If you want to play any more rounds after that it's a members guest green fee price. It's been quite popular as a few guys have been away on duty with the forces and several have lost their jobs and so can still play and retain membership without having to find the full whack

http://www.royalascotgolfclub.co.uk/subscriptions

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
Ours has full 7 day, 5 day and intermediate memberships.

7 day is around £1300, 5 day is somewhat less and intermediate is on a sliding scale from 29 - 18 years old. I am currently on £550 per year at 27 years old. That gives me exactly the same membership benefits as a 7 day member. Includes reciprocal playing rights at all of Crown's courses anytime during the week and after 2 at weekends. There's about 8 within an hour of me.

Bargain for me at the moment, but not so much once you hit 30.

Which crown course are you a member at?

Merrist Wood, near Guildford. It's a decent length, has some well guarded greens and is one of the better "normal" courses (i.e. not Wentworth or Sunningdale etc) in the area. At least it is from my limited experience.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
£195 first payment which includes social club fees, then 6 monthly payments of £65.
normally play 3 times a week, so on average 150 a year works out at about £3 a round.

Oddsocks, would it not be prudent to speak to the club as a group and offer a monthly payment of £75 over a ten month period which would guarantee you membership with free unlimited golf, 40 members on this scheme would generate £30k of income for the club

Copsewood ?

You guessed it.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a member at Kilbirnie Place in North Ayrshire, subs for this year are (with no joining fee!):

Membership Fees 2011

GENTS

Full Member - £490 (£370 for first year)
Associate Senior - £171
Unemployed - £306
County (Outwith 25 miles)- £206
Youth (Up to 23 Yrs old)- £256
Youth (Up to 21 Yrs old)- £156

LADIES

Full Member - £256
Associate Senior - £121

10% overall reduction for husbands/ wives both joining and monthly direct debit payment an option

JUNIORS

Up to 16 Yrs old - £40
Up to 18 Yrs old - £75

SOCIAL

Social Member - £40

Visitor's Fees

Weekdays (mon-fri)- £10 round / £15 day ticket
Sundays - £15 round / £25 day ticket

Visiting Parties - 18 holes + Meal

Midweek - £20
Sunday - £25

and no enforced bar levy, if you wish to use your club card it's a matter of choice how credit you put on it - you do get a 10% discount if using it to purchase drinks!

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play at a new(ish) course which is a pay and play with our club attached that arrange the comps etc.

There is no membership as such but the members of the club have a "loyalty card". Swipe it when you pay (reduced green fee) and you get 2 points, 1 point for 9 holes.

When you reach 60 points you're then free for the remainder of the 12 months (March to March).

It's been well received as some people (myself included) were put off joining somewhere as you'd feel obliged to play in order to justify the joining fee and subs.

Whereas, this way, if you don't want to or can't play for a few weeks you just don't pay anything but it also offers a bit of an incentive to avoid people being completely nomadic so provides a level of certainty around income.

Maximum it will cost me is about £600 for the year if I only play at peak times which is about half of what I wouls pay round here for a membership.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Copsewood ?

You guessed it.

My crystal ball does work then lol.It was the social club fee that gave it away.I don't live far from there,and walk my dogs on the school fields opposite.The course has come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years,it was a bit ropey in the past,but was absolutely top notch last time i played there.Nice track,and a good test of golf off the back tee's.