6 Nations 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

Well didn't see that first half coming from France 😉
If you ever watch any Heineken Cup matches you’d see French sides struggle in 2nd halves quite often. I think it’s mainly fitness related.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Indeed but the mistakes they made in the second half were worse than school boy errors. Anyway with England's win it's shaping up to be a good Six Nations

D

Deleted member 15344

It's about time the England coach learnt that you start with Knowles and not just give him a last 10 min run out. He's like having an extra forward on the park.

Do you mean Nowell ? He did start ? He has had a few injuries recently which has stopped him starting as many

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think he means Nick Knowles. Normally he’s solid for 30 mins or so, really finishes strongly and gets the job done, but last time out in Australia he was poor IMO 🤣🤣
And he’ll fix any issues in the stadium

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like Nowell on one wing, offers something different to May around the pitch. Also intelligent use of Manu switching with Slade in attack and defense. It was the defence that won that. So different to England last year. A good day overall

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
English defence was superb today and the kicking into the box too. Capitalised on mistakes well. I did not expect the result but now we need to consolidate against France. They can superb at times, as in the first half v Wales. If ever they string it together for most of a game, they will cause a problem for someone.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good win for England . Well deserved to b fair .. think officials got good few calls wrong and didnt use video ref as they should .. both ways . Think Eng would have deservedly won even if they had got them calls right

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good win for England . Well deserved to b fair .. think officials got good few calls wrong and didnt use video ref as they should .. both ways . Think Eng would have deservedly won even if they had got them calls right
Think we would have won by more, Curry tackle late but not high, penatly only, first Ireland try not grounded, Vunipola hand clearly under it, Vunipola did score, not a double movement etc

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Think we would have won by more, Curry tackle late but not high, penatly only, first Ireland try not grounded, Vunipola hand clearly under it, Vunipola did score, not a double movement etc

Maybe right for Curry but you’re blatantly wrong for the others. The Vunipola “try” was short and a double movement into the bargain.

You were also offside for another try.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’m surprised they allowed the first Irish try as there was clearly a hand under the ball

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe right for Curry but you’re blatantly wrong for the others. The Vunipola “try” was short and a double movement into the bargain.

You were also offside for another try.
The Vunipola try was contentious even with the video ref. That could have gone either way granted. Slade was clearly level even from a camera angle behind play. Look at the lines on the pitch. Blatantly 🤣🤣🤣 there’s no half measures with you is there?? 👍 I though curry was reckless and left himself open for a card

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont think the irish try was grounded either . Curry was unlucky he was trying to wrap hus arms he couldnt stop and height diff meant it was always going to be high ish .. dont know how they expect players to stop . Next incident Etogo (sp) would have bn yellow if curry not in bin .. vin defo ldunched off his knees in my opinion .. Greg ive no doubt ye would have won either way ye took irl to a new uncomfortable place a place the needed to see but they failed in responce to it .. great timely wake up for WC

D

Deleted member 15344

My take was that there are a few “home” calls on the early close calls

Curry - not a yellow , penalty but not a yellow

Itodje - not a penalty for me

Healy try Think was fair , grounded ok before arm

Mako - wasn’t a double movement , knees weren’t grounded or elbow and player momentum pushed over

But England then got some their way

Slade try - clear forward pass before the kick , Slade was onside when the kick was made

But overall I don’t think it mattered to the result - it was a superb performance from England - the big players turned up - the Vunipola’s and Tuilagi especially superb and I glad that Slade is doing well

D

Deleted member 1147

Is it just me, or are some of the Irish players getting a bit too much like Morgan Parra. Bitching and moaning a lot and quite a bit of play acting.