4 club carry only rule for roll ups

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe I made some assumptions previously. Is the roll up organized by the club specifically, or just a group of seniors? Was there a vote amongst the group to apply this change? I made the assumption that it was discussed and agreed by the majority of the roll up. If it was just one or two imposing the rule without general agreement, then I agree it is wrong to enforce, but I would have expected there to be a majority agreement before accepting it.
Just use divisions like in handicap comps.
So up to 5 clubs
Up to 9 clubs.
Up to 14 clubs.
Over 14 clubs DQ ;)

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Sounds like a good idea to me.
You are hardly going to playgreat golf in the winter especially if it's a bog.
But carrying 4 clubs is easy for everyone & just keeps you playing.
I'd be up for it.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Apparently, because the winter course is measured and rated, there is now no such thing as winter golf!!:ROFLMAO:

Yep. It's nonsense. It might be in a wee book, but in practice, it is nonsense.

Just go and play, ignore any comp that makes you do anything you don't fancy. Get real. It isn't the Tour, it's the local Seniors having a knock in the winter.

I haven't put card in since Help 4 Heroes week. Played plenty of social golf though.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd play a 4 club plus putter game as it sounds fun. Not sure I'd want to do it week in week out though.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea to me.
You are hardly going to playgreat golf in the winter especially if it's a bog.
But carrying 4 clubs is easy for everyone & just keeps you playing.
I'd be up for it.

No one is stopping anyone from carrying only 4, but why make it a rule so players can ONLY carry 4. The OP doesn't want to play because someone has made rule saying that he has to carry 4 and no more

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems the OP is objecting because the seniors' (committee) is imposing a 4+putter limit if 'carry only' is in force for the club as a whole. I'm not sure what the the organisers could do if he tried to play with 5 clubs but presumably he would not be eligible for any prize there may be. Are these in fact non qualifying competitions?
Things could get hairy if the seniors have allocated times and the organiser tried to prevent him playing with other like minded members in a 'reserved' slot.
I'm not convinced that he would really carry a full bag. Is it because of the two he feels he needs? A missed opportunity to get out in the fresh air.