Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've decided to join a local up and coming golf and country club for 4 months

Essex region

Thought this value it provided was too good to turn down

£99 joining fee

£62.50 a month on a 5 day membership and a 7 day gym membership aswell

No fee for march contract runs until July

It's 13 holes ATM.. they have had 9 holes open for 2 years. Second 9 opens this summer and 3rd 9 next summer but doubt that will be on time..

Just seemed really good value for 4 months £300 golf and gym

Ofc the wife thinks it's a waste of money lol

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I drive past that place from work and it looks pretty nice - hope you get some use when the weather picks up

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All about works for you and by sound of it this fits perfectly and you'll use the course and gym so surely a win win. Do they have any practice facilities as well?

It's already my range

30 flood lit bays with top tracer

Short game area

Par 3 9 hole course (membership would let me use for free, I used to pay £200 a year to use)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's already my range

30 flood lit bays with top tracer

Short game area

Par 3 9 hole course (membership would let me use for free, I used to pay £200 a year to use)
Sounds perfect.

Give the extra holes a few years to bed in and you've a place that surely gives you everything. If the price stays reasonable what's not to like especially if you're using the gym regularly as well

Diamond

Visit site
It looks great. looks Like a lot of classes to sign up to for the gym. Spinning, yoga, zumba etc. Maybe the wife can join as a gym member?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It looks great. looks Like a lot of classes to sign up to for the gym. Spinning, yoga, zumba etc. Maybe the wife can join as a gym member?

looked into it, £40 a month to add her just for gym, £31 if you have a 7 day golf membership so almost worth going 7 days for £82 a month or whatever it was

she not interested though she doesnt think she will use it.. I drive nearly past it to get to work.. would be a 5 min detour.. for her she would have to get train home, then go so becomes a chore.. plus she wouldnt go until little one is in bed which then is her down time.. so ruled it out for now

If I only had work commitments I would lake that up, I used to go to the club at least four days a week.

thats my plan

on lates I think I can nip down there in the morning, hit 9 holes then leave for work about 13:00

earlies I can get some 9 holes in after work or go gym

days off even better smash out 18.. well 13+ 5 again lol

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I pulled the trigger today

I am now offically a 5 day member until at least june 30th
very modern club. lots of techy stuff around the clubhouse which is very me

relaxing place for sure

said the membership will likely go up by £20pm when they open the last 5 holes of the back 9 to bring them up to 18 holes .. which doesnt sound too bad so might be kept on longer than planned

First task was to assess the course.. was told carry only.. lucky I only use a carry bag so no issue.. very very wet out there.. but greens and tees in great nick.. few puddles on the fairway but easily avoidable

beautiful course

VERY long.. only 1 par 3 on the front..

decided to play 11 holes.. as the back 9 has 4 holes open so wanted to test them.. after the 11th I could see the clubhouse and figured right im going in just because the next 2 led you quite a long way from the clubhouse so thought leave that for another day

can defo see me playing a lot of rounds before work

decent changing rooms to shower afters aswell

happy days

Wolf

Visit site
Just had a quick look an I must say for that price that's a really good deal. Course looks nice and the gym facilities look to be well set up. All new Matrix kit which imo is very decent, the cross trainers especially ad they're more like an Arc trainer so less strain on knees a more natural movement, plus most new Matrix kit actually let's you switch between miles and KM. Wish I had something similar nearby, hope it goes well for you.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had a quick look an I must say for that price that's a really good deal. Course looks nice and the gym facilities look to be well set up. All new Matrix kit which imo is very decent, the cross trainers especially ad they're more like an Arc trainer so less strain on knees a more natural movement, plus most new Matrix kit actually let's you switch between miles and KM. Wish I had something similar nearby, hope it goes well for you.

Have to admit I was won over by the features of being able to watch rubbish on Netflix whilst I attempt to work out lol right up my street

The course was nice to play aswell even if it's a bit long for me. However only way to improve is to play it more and more.

Just logged into their member area online .. booked 2 tee times for next 2 weeks so I can hopefully get out again and again

Doesn't seem to be too rammed.. well wasn't today which was perfect didn't have to wait for anyone and didn't have anyone behind me

Even if goes up by £20 pm it's still under £85 for golf and gym which in my opinion is good value (the wifes opinion will no doubt be different lol)

Wolf

Visit site
Have to admit I was won over by the features of being able to watch rubbish on Netflix whilst I attempt to work out lol right up my street

The course was nice to play aswell even if it's a bit long for me. However only way to improve is to play it more and more.

Just logged into their member area online .. booked 2 tee times for next 2 weeks so I can hopefully get out again and again

Doesn't seem to be too rammed.. well wasn't today which was perfect didn't have to wait for anyone and didn't have anyone behind me

Even if goes up by £20 pm it's still under £85 for golf and gym which in my opinion is good value (the wifes opinion will no doubt be different lol)
Whatever helps you do the cardio mate is all that matters, i know a guy does the same thing watches 1hr long episodes whilst on bike etc helps him not think about what he's doing..

TBH thats a really fair price even in HID doesn't think so, down your neck of the woods a decent gym will range from £40-£60 alone with those facilities, by decent im taking the budget ones out of the equation as they don't offer the same set up . So to get golf on top for a few quid more is excellent value.

Even where I live where golf is cheap I'd be paying around £90 for a golf membership and separate gym membership, just lucky I get the gym for free .

Enjoy it and make the most of hopefully some better coming weather and if its crappy you still have a cracking gym and clubhouse.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Defo a whole new experience this club....

Being forced to carry ATM so getting used to that. (Not saying a bad thing just not used to it)

Been down gym (it's been 5 years I reckon at least)

Tomorrow is my first round with someone I've never met before to try and get my handicap in

Got in touch with handicap person they put me in touch with a new member. We meeting tomorrow for 9 holes (they take 6 9 hole cards or 3 18)

He also said I can enter the comp to get a card so booked a tee time for that

Nervous and excited all in one day

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Defo a whole new experience this club....

Being forced to carry ATM so getting used to that. (Not saying a bad thing just not used to it)

Been down gym (it's been 5 years I reckon at least)

Tomorrow is my first round with someone I've never met before to try and get my handicap in

Got in touch with handicap person they put me in touch with a new member. We meeting tomorrow for 9 holes (they take 6 9 hole cards or 3 18)

He also said I can enter the comp to get a card so booked a tee time for that

Nervous and excited all in one day
If you like it , set up a monthly standing order or D/D for next year, you won't miss coming out your account monthly, and can always claim it back if you decide to leave.(y)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you like it , set up a monthly standing order or D/D for next year, you won't miss coming out your account monthly, and can always claim it back if you decide to leave.(y)

I believe if I don't contact them by mid June my membership rolls on for another year under a DD anyways as part contract

No yearly fee , only monthly DD it seems