Joining a golf club?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
According to the website it is a private members club so unlikely to have a problem with visitors at peak times.

Edit: Taken from the club website

Gone are the days of formal interviews with the Committee or playing auditions with a Committee member.

Translates as.....we let any robbin, thievin scally in as long as they pay up

Warning sign!! ;)

I'd love to understand how an interview prevents this. This sort of attitude just perpetuates the view that golf is not for the ordinary man in the street and why club membership was dying before covid came along.

D

Deleted member 23270

I'd love to understand how an interview prevents this. This sort of attitude just perpetuates the view that golf is not for the ordinary man in the street and why club membership was dying before covid came along.
We had a growing membership pre covid with a waiting list but we have interviews and playing in rounds.

D

Deleted member 15344

Think playing rounds is always a good thing - and it’s not to judge someone on their ability on the golf course but to judge their willingness to take care of the course and follow recognised etiquette whilst playing

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Social side of things is important to me, made lots of good friends at my club. I could never be a car park golfer.
I'm not a car park golfer (cos my club is 150yds away):LOL:, but the social side had zero bearing on where I would become a member, and never has wherever I've travelled throughout the UK

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
We had a growing membership pre covid with a waiting list but we have interviews and playing in rounds.
Good for you I've no doubt its a great course with a fee to match. As you know though that was not the experience for most clubs and one of the reasons for that, in my view, was because many people felt that golf clubs are not a very welcoming place.

Albo

Visit site
Social side of things is important to me, made lots of good friends at my club. I could never be a car park golfer.
Im a complete carpark golfer and happy to be so.
I would also rather play solo than with a random in a comp.
We're all different at the end of the day