Decided to join a club for 4 months

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I believe if I don't contact them by mid June my membership rolls on for another year under a DD anyways as part contract

No yearly fee , only monthly DD it seems
I heard a few clubs now let you pay in 12 monthly instalments, as you play, but only through a finance company attracting interest charges. I prefer to pay [ a certain amount ] monthly in advance, so when fees are due, there's no big outlay.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well my confidence is defo a level above what it used to be

Didn't play great in the middle but started with a 200 yard down middle drive to score bogey

Finished par par bogey

14 points (if playing off 24) scorecard signed

He joining me again next week

5 more 9 hole cards to go

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Few more rounds booked

Found another good feature .. on the app you can search other members and send them a message. Good way of trying to find playing partners for the comp next week .

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looks a lovely club and nice course you done well there :)

I must admit I don’t fancy that 630 yard par 5 though on the new course ....eeek :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not sure if anyone too bother but I like to post as almost like a little blog about the adventures of the new club lol so here we go

secound round today with my new PP
scored worse than last week by 2 shots however zero pars where as last week I got 2 pars so not bad performance really.

my friend joined us aswell so good to get someone elses take on the course.. unfortunately it was wet which was shame.. been so dry this week aswell

before the round bumped into my next door neighbour.. he was there to join the gym. Small world.. he didnt realise I was a member so I reffered him got myself some credit lol

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So thought I'd update my little thread that obviously been paused since lock down.

I was one 9 hole away from my handicap at the club but still got the cards tucked away and when I can I'll get that handicap .

However I have been nothing but impressed with their handling of us the members.

Soon as lockdown happened our membership fees were frozen. We all pay DD so that was it I haven't paid anything since my joining fee.

We open Monday 18th with restrictions. As per guidelines.

They will take fee again in June by looks. The back 9 fully opens July 1st. Membership for 5 day rises from £63.50 - £83 a month (as 18 holes not 13)

My 2 friends were going to join 25th march . We sat down with the GM Friday night when gyms were closed but golf was open and he said yep join weds no issue.. I would do now but it was 6pm and obviously was busy sorting out all the emails to the gym members to say their memberships were to be frozen. Because of this he is letting them join now as they should have joined that day so they can play when we re open. As its members only for few weeks.

He called me today to tell me of the price increase because he was going to email them and didn't want me to hear from them about the increase wanted to hear from himself .

Must say feel very welcome and included there.

I will renew in July even tho the twins will be due sept . Wife doesn't mind.. it's down road on way to and from work so 9 holes here and there might work.

Thumbs up from me

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
went out thursday for 18 holes.. first 18 since lock down

there was a starter to make sure people only played if they had booked

he got to see my first swing....... great i thought.. split the fairway .. very good hit (shame the second shot was hacked into the bushes lol)

played rubbish front 9.. back 9 came back strong after a par par start and finished bogey par.. card signed and put aside for handicap (emailed the guy with the cards scanned to avoid handing them in)

was speaking to the starter... he was telling me the club own the land the other side of the road... they are looking at building a bigger gym there with a pool... and then turning the clubhouse into golf only.. spike bar where the gym is.. 27 holes.. driving range and par 3 one side of the road

health club other side of road

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So it's now July. The course is fully open. Although a few bits of GUR on the fairway and a few bunkers still being constructed .. however it's so nice to play the full 18.

Membership is now £83 a month for 5 days

I have my initial handicap . Came back as 25 more than delighted with that

Played the full 18 off the whites including the new 636 par 5 (into the wind) managed 33 points so was very pleased.

As I have renewed I'm tied in until July 21 now so will just play as much as I can.

It still got plenty of work. But things can only get better .

Course record been set by a young challenge tour pro aswell hitting 66

Screenshot_20200702-110722_Twitter_copy_1024x1346.jpg