155MPH

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Just watching Kyle Berkshire the 2019 LD champ on Youtube. He was swinging at 155MPH!! Thats faster than most on here could generate in ball speed~!
His winning drive was 407 YDS
Insane!!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watching Kyle Berkshire the 2019 LD champ on Youtube. He was swinging at 155MPH!! Thats faster than most on here could generate in ball speed~!
His winning drive was 407 YDS
Insane!!
I can’t think that fast that’s awesome.
Would love to stand behind him and watch that.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I've watched bubba, Mcilroy , quiroz and others bomb balls , but the LD guys are 30 odd mph up on them.
All legal equipment too.
Depends. A lot nowadays is not legal length for golf. I read there’s about 3” to 4“ difference in the allowed shaft length.

It is interesting listening to the top guys who travel the tour. Even the pros can’t hi their gear.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Depends. A lot nowadays is not legal length for golf. I read there’s about 3” to 4“ difference in the allowed shaft length.

It is interesting listening to the top guys who travel the tour. Even the pros can’t hi their gear.

Berkshires driver is 48 inches and 4 degree loft.. :eek:
There is a video on YT of rick shiels trying to hit James Sadlowskis competition driver, he just cant swing hard enough and Shiels is fairly quick

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I used to have a motorbike that I managed to hit 155mph on, the thought of somebody swinging a golf club that could have kept up with me is insane.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When I watch the long drive guys, pretty much everything I have been taught about the golf swing is different.

Don't over swing, over swing.
Don't reverse pivot, it may not be, but it looks a lot like it.
Don't have a strong grip, could some of these guys grip it any stronger?
Don't lash it from the top, yep, they do.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've watched Joe Miller hit shots and the speed they generate is insane. If I ever tried to get anywhere near that, I'd end up in the hospital in traction :)