155MPH

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
When I watch the long drive guys, pretty much everything I have been taught about the golf swing is different.

Don't over swing, over swing.
Don't reverse pivot, it may not be, but it looks a lot like it.
Don't have a strong grip, could some of these guys grip it any stronger?
Don't lash it from the top, yep, they do.
It’s a different sport really though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had a swing with Joe Miller's driver once
XXXS, 48 inches and about 4° loft.
Managed about 200 yards
Sadly half of that was roll. Just couldn't get enough speed to raise it more than 20 feet off the ground.
They tee it up so high and lean so far back that they hit up about 8-10°
The loft on the club gets it going forwards, the hitting up gets it in the air.

sussexhacker

Visit site
Not really.

Hitting a 4 iron from a downhill lie, over water/sliding it round trees (whatever) to within 3 foot on Tour is more impressive in my opinion.

Surely you can just admit that both are impressive?
There’s more people on the planet that have the ability to make it on the major tours than there are guys that can reach 150 club head speed, which in my books at least makes that quite impressive

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Surely you can just admit that both are impressive?
There’s more people on the planet that have the ability to make it on the major tours than there are guys that can reach 150 club head speed, which in my books at least makes that quite impressive

Different things float different people's boats etc.

Genuinely does absolutely nothing for me. No entertainment in it at all - for me. Golf is a game of skill and finesse. If swinging out of your boots and raw power are your thing then great you'll be entertained by it.

sussexhacker

Visit site

Genuinely does absolutely nothing for me. No entertainment in it at all - for me. Golf is a game of skill and finesse. If swinging out of your boots and raw power are your thing then great you'll be entertained by it.

But I’m not talking about entertainment

I’m saying it’s impressive that there’s a tiny handful of people that can swing 30mph faster than your average PGA tour pro

I also think it’s more impressive being able to stick it inside 10 ft more often than not from 150 and in

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
But I’m not talking about entertainment

I’m saying it’s impressive that there’s a tiny handful of people that can swing 30mph faster than your average PGA tour pro

I also think it’s more impressive being able to stick it inside 10 ft more often than not from 150 and in

Well Sir you enjoy.

?️?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

And the drivers they use are ugly too.