YouTubers.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Shiels and Finch are far too click baity with their titles, don't watch either of them as that kind of stuff really annoys me.
No laying up as others have said, the quality of the editing and production is superb.
I've watched a few of the Tubes ones, the constant rhyming slang starts to grate.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive basically stopped watching all golf youtube.. just havent bothered dunno why

heavily into ricks podcast tho really enjoy listening to that on my drive to work

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
Stacked golf is very good one of the best most interesting golf channels for sure if your interested in 2nd hand kit.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to watch a lot of YouTube golf, but with the lockdowns I had overdone it and pretty much got off it now. These days I watch the occasional Hendricks, Finch or Crossfield.

Anyone is great if watched in moderation, but too much of any of them is too much. Good thing is, we don’t have to.

Hendrickson is depending on who he plays with. Paul and/or Wilbur I am in for sure, Lee I am out. Other occasional guests are usually good.

Any review or any click bait title is an absolute pass from me. Thats Shields out for a while now.

Who knows, maybe in a couple of months I am back binge watching the whole lot again. Not the 1st relapse.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I quite like Alex Etchies, he can bd a dick but doesn’t take himself seriously and is often amusing.

I do like the coolest man in golf - Erik Andrea Lang. Whatever form he’s in, be it Skratch Golf or Randon Golf, his vids are interesting to watch.

The only one that I go out of my way to watch. Some of his stuff from Adventures in Golf is outstanding. The episode when he tries his hand at hornussen in Switzerland, a game which has nothing at all to do with golf, is brilliant.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When I do it’ll most likely be Alex Evans, Finch or Shiels…and sometimes find Liam Harrison messing around gently amusing. I don’t watch any of them, or indeed anyone else, for golf tips.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Current favourites are Dan Hendrikson and Danny Maude. Having played golf with Shiels and Finch I feel guilty not liking their channels but Shiels is all clickbait and Finch is more cheesy than a ripe gorgonzola. Maude in particular is a great online teacher. Simple to understand.

evolve528

Visit site
I should add to my big long list, I was only thinking of sort of 'proper' YouTubers are hold a camera up to their own face. I should add in my view there is a whole other elite tier who are more like film makers, No Laying Up, Eric Anders Lang on Random GC and his Adventures In Golf series on Skratch.

That not a perfect golfer chap is fascinating to watch as well, the rough and ready high handicapper playing a round is great every now and again.

Bert

Club Champion
Visit site
Erik Andres Lang random golf club is brilliant. His series in Scotland and the Isle of Man were filmed beautifully. His most recent series of breaking Erin hills & TPC sawgrass with handicap golfers playing off the tips was interesting to say the least.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I love Alex Etches, find him funny and less patronising than the rest.

Used to like TXG but recently its got to the point of being so submissive to manufacturers as to be unwatchable.

To be honest, if recently found you tube to have turned down the same road as golf magazines of the mid 90s. They all say the same thing at the same time (how many stealth reviews appeared straight after the embargo saying exactly the say thing...) and hope the bigger the headline the better. Then wait 3 months and say the same thing again. When it comes to reviews give everything a massive must buy gold star, maybe give benross a silver but back that up with a gold star for best value.....

Yorkhacker

Visit site
My guilty pleasure is DGS golf. Total hackers like me, but nice guys, no click bait. Just mates playing golf and having fun without being loud or stupid. Them and NLU are the only course vlogs I watch all the way through.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Erik Andres Lang random golf club is brilliant. His series in Scotland and the Isle of Man were filmed beautifully.

Erik and the NLU guys are the best on YouTube. There is a real depth to what they do. I particularly like the Strapped series NLU do.

Barstool sports put out some interesting content, although that gets a bit samey.

Golf Sidekick is good entertainment with the occasional nugget of useful advice.

Alex Etches is amusing, and doesn’t take himself seriously.

I’m not a regular viewer of any of the others. I pick what looks like it might be interesting. I don’t watch any of the advice or swing tips stuff.

Golfmates has the occasional decent video. But it is mostly just the same thing over and over, and just a bit too dumbed down.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I follow plenty, but 90% of them I just got bored of after a while and stopped watching. Bad Golf is the only one where I avidly watch each video now - but I think it's to their advantage that they only post one every two or three weeks so they can keep it to the simple format and not have to desperately invent new content all the time. I'm subscribed to Rick Shiels, James Robinson, and TXG, but I rarely watch them - just on the very odd occasion one of their videos catches my eye, or it's about something I'm interested in. I used to watch Golf Mates a lot, and I think they are good fun, but in his effort to put a new video out every day he was always going to run out of ideas and a lot of the videos became very samey. I enjoy Golf Sidekick, and he really helped me with the mental side of my game as well, but that's another one I only revisit every couple of months now. Tubes & Ange Golf Life is another fun one, but mainly I only watch the round where they play with a famous ex-footballer as they usually have some interesting stories and good banter.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No laying up podcasts are great too, they get the top players/guests on there and seem to have a hotline into the tour secrets!

I do enjoy their YouTube stuff, strapped etc, but being from the uk, I’ve never heard of these courses or don’t appreciate the situation they’re in. We could do with a uk version. (I know they did the tours of Scotland and Ireland for tourist sauce).

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
The 'Good Good' stable has a broad mix of guys with individual channels as well - there's a variety of nonsense and hyperactive content as well as some excellent golf at great courses; they've had BDC playing in scrambles and developing their swing speeds; 2 of the better players have had matches against pros (including Keith Mitchell and Greyson Sigg); one of their worse players is trying to make a 'course' on his farm etc. There's a mix of characters and abilities across the channels, and the appeal seems to be their personality diversity (they're not really diverse otherwise) - I find some dull and boring whist others I'm interested in but it's an interesting model because subscribers to individual channels (ie the ones you like) all seem to subscribe to the main channel (Good Good). It looks like BDC is trying to replicate with his Regecy channel.

I am subscribed to some other channels but it very much depends on my mood whether I'll watch - haven't watched a Crossfield video in forever for example. EAL produces some interesting people orientated videos. Bad Golf is sometimes too bad. Never warmed to Finch. Golfmates gets a daily run out - the characters there are representative of some of the characters at my own club but it is very 'samey'. 'Golf sidekick' is great, but I've no idea why 'playa'!

Reactions: SyR

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
How could I forget...

THE BEST CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE:

ASSL Golf

The tried and tested course vlog formula but this one beats them all for me.

Fabia999

Visit site
Rick Shiels has the biggest budget per video and you can tell because the cinematics are amazing and the quality is excellent, I’m sure it’s in 4K.

He might not be the best golfer but he’s really likeable and the podcast he does is really interesting, big fan of Guy on there too.

Peter Finch is decent, I enjoy his videos. Same with me and my golf.

Gary Beadle (Gaz G shore) is actually really interesting to watch as he posts his lessons up which is helpful, presume he gets a bad name for his Geordie shore days but he’s fun to watch.