Your Golfing Highlights of the year.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Whats been your been your highlights of 2017.

Both from a personal playing point of view and watching the pros.

Been a relatively poor year for me from a playing perspective more "didnt play well" rounds than good ones although ive not played a huge amount of games.

Personal -Sunningdale Old and New on the forum day. Didn't play great, but a brilliant day.

Pros-Final day of the Masters.Sergio winning his first major just edging out Justin.Superb stuff.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Being two under gross and sticking my last tee shot to 8 foot and holding the putt. When your hot your hot!

That was the round that was and could have been as I lipped our and finished inches from the hole twice for tap in pars to go with my three birds.

Following that with a +3 gross 9 to give me my target level par for 18 follows close second

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
My highlight this year has simply been the greater calibration of courses I’ve played. In 2016 I managed to play the belfry and that got me hooked on playing a better calibre.

2017 has seen me play 10courses of a higher standard than my usual.
Getting a birdie on the first on the old course during the Sunningdale meet being a particular highlight.

On the pro circuit I really enjoyed the duel at the Masters, watching two players obviously friends play with such respect was a joy. Special mention to Lexi on the lpga too. Irrespective of what people think about the 4shot penalty, the composure she managed to show, and the year she’s had deserves great credit.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personal, some smashing away days, particularly at Whitley Bay and South Shields. I even won a comp and some money partnering Beezerk 😁🍻.

Pro wise, I had a brilliant time at the British Masters. You can't beat seeing the pro's up close.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Personal... my long game, through to the end of August was probably the best its been for many years. Since then its been appalling. Played a round with my son several weeks back, and wow! I know he has an exceptional game, including the odd course record, but he's taken his ball striking to a level I've not seen before outside of European Tour level. I love spending time out on the course with him, just as any parent would, but it was a bit special.

My first comp round at Cruden saw me buffer, and I also picked up a 2nd or 3rd + few very good 2's, inc. an eagle 2.

Watching tour golf has always been something we do, and this year we enjoyed the final round of the Dunhill, as we've done several times before. However, watching the ladies Open at Kingsbarns was stunning. The conditions were poor but the golf they played was, in the main, stellar.

Already looking forward to some very different golf, in Spain, next year.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sunningdale was great! The day was phenomenal, but I also enjoyed chobam and New Zealand.... never been on a golf trip longer than 2 rounds before...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my mates face when he went up to pay for the 2 bacon rolls and two small coffee's at Trump Aberdeen:rofl:

playing wise winning the club champ handicap and the Moir Trophy, along with a few other near misses.

course wise,

playing the Old Course and Trump Aberdeen

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Re my game, let's not go there.

Re courses, the four days in Norfolk were fantastic with Sheringham and Kings Lynn being fantastic.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
H4H day, and Scott's speech.

Look on Kraxx and Khamelion's faces when they received the Rick Garg Memorial Trophy.

Watching Sergio win in Spain in front of a very partisan home crowd. Atmosphere was amazing behind 17th green at Valderrama.

Visit site
My highlight was probably finding that I am able to hit a 3 iron quite nicely. I was using it off the tee as my driving is so wayward. I have a big problem with a slice. It doesn't help that the clubs are too big for me.

I didn't play nearly enough this year but I want to change that this year.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
It would have to be my first round at my new club. 17th hole par 3 190 yards uphill, caught a 4i as sweet as a nut and I aced it. It's the sort of par 3 where a par is a good score and can easily give you a double if your not careful, so getting a hole in 1 is almost unheard of on it.

19396599_1314707645308488_4514032567787063738_n.jpg19275323_1314707655308487_8230570438697059381_n.jpg19424341_1314707691975150_1125003649129377029_n.jpg19366558_1314707695308483_5612321578410998360_n.jpg

pieface

Medal Winner
Visit site
Honestly just getting back into golf has to be my highlight and genuinely enjoying it. I've enjoyed it so much more this time round than when I have played previously to the point where once the Weekend is over all I can think about is playing the following weekend!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The two big meets of the year, Farts and Snappers and H4H are always good even if the golf isn't always.
Losing my Links cherry at Hayling
Shooting +3 at The Zoo a few weeks back

On the Pro side...
The Sergio/Justin battle at Augusta
Tommy winning the R2D