Your Golfing Highlights of the year.

D

Deleted member 17920

Had a fantastic year this year apart from the handicap staying the same.

Had another hole in one and also slam dunked an eagle on the 2nd at Woodhall.

I have been very spoilt this year as I have played some ridiculously good courses.

To name a few of the courses I have hacked around this year.

The Old course
Royal County Down
Royal Portrush
Sunningdale
Swinley Forest

And also got to play/pester IanG at North Berwick a few times and that's still my most enjoyable course to play, I don't think I could ever get bored playing the West Links.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Breaking par for the first and second time!

First time I was -4 with 7 to play got a bit twitchy and was level par stood on the 18th tee, but a drive up the middle and an 8 iron to a foot got me home.

Second was a much better more controlled round 3 birdies 2 bogeys and never really in trouble.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Breaking par for the first and second time!

First time I was -4 with 7 to play got a bit twitchy and was level par stood on the 18th tee, but a drive up the middle and an 8 iron to a foot got me home.

Second was a much better more controlled round 3 birdies 2 bogeys and never really in trouble.
Are you still off 9 ?:D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Broke 90 for the first time and won a medal comp (same round) in July. Got a new best round of 85 in September (non-comp friendly round off yellows though). Those were the two biggies for me.

I don't really have any watching golf highlights as I don't watch a lot of golf. Watched a couple of the majors and that was it really.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Shooting net 62 off 24(and being really hacked off at missing 4 makeable putts to go to net 58-greedy git,eh?)
Playing the Dukes at St.Andrews--stunning even in winter
Watching Sergio at the Masters and the way Spieth held it all together at the Open
So lucky to be able to play this frustrating/great game and meet some really nice folk through it!
Hope Santa is good to you all.

Jimbo

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
6, think I was only off 9 for about 2 weeks that just happened (a likely story) to coincide with my visit to Blackmoor!

Still need to throw an under par round in with a comp card in hand not just a swindle!

4 under thru 11 holes, playing off 6 :mmm:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pro's - Sergio winning the Masters after thinking he was never going to get one

Personal - Some obvious ones mentioned so I'll go with 2 other choices. Firstly a good mate of mine winning a 2 day comp at our club and a load of us waiting in the bar for him to finish. Plus the celebrations after. Then slightly more randomly was Chobham Golf club the day before Sunningdale with Qwerty, Karl and Junior. Not a great course by any stretch but after lashing down on the first tee turned into a nice day and just had a great laugh, followed by a nice curry and couple of beers. Exactly what golf should be for me :thup:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forum meet wins at RSG and Woodhall spa. Hc coming down a few.

The return of Tiger. Never seen him first time around, hopefully he can make a proper return and compete

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing and winning my wifes work Society scramble with the wife and a lad who everyone joked was our son for the day, oooo they are a very funny lot. Stood on the 10th and him with the most violent slice I've ever seen and only one drive in and us going amazingly well, I made an adjustment to his set up so he hit left and the fade brought it back. BOOM! He never missed a fairway and was very long. We won by a street and as he'd never won a thing before, his smile was as wide as his face. He's never let go of the trophy and took it home!!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two wins in the year including one lowest gross, mind you that was a senior comp.

Getting voted in for the Captains Committee, a step up from the handicap sub committee.

Getting some 'better players' in to our roll up and boosting the numbers.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Winning the GCF Ryder Cup with the Old Boy vs. Green Jackets, I contributed a point in the singles matches, lost in the greensomes

Sergio's win at Augusta was my telly golf highlight of the year

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The final round of the Masters - watching a great duel between two great players, both of which I like. It was refreshing to just be able to immerse myself in it and enjoy every moment with no real concern as to who won!

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Me: 17th hole on day 2 of our Society Championship trip to Portugal; leading after first day, had a shocking front nine but rallied into contention again on the back nine; only to see my tee shot on a short par 4 go into water, my FC and current leader held on the bank of the water thinking game over; took my drop and knocked to 1ft from the hole and walked off with a par. Apart form being my best shot of the year, it totally rattled him and he didn't recover until the 18th. Tied over 2 days, won on countback.

Pros: The buzz that Tiger has brought with his 'comeback'.