Your Shot of the Year

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Seen a few threads on Twitter about what was the shot of the year on the Pro Circuit

But what was your shot of the year that you made

Mine is

Our 5th is a par 5 around 540 yards

It’s uphill for the first 280 and then downhill for the next 260 something - hit a driver right out of the screws up the middle to the top of hole , left myself around 250 to the middle of the green , pin at the front , hit a great 3 wood again out of the screws hoping to leave myself a 20 yard pitch/chip , got a solid bounce as it landed short but run up nicely onto the green and then taped onto the pin nearly in for an albatross but left with a 6inch tap in for eagle

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To be fair there maybhave been a few since then..

Like my Hole in One on our 10th..145 yards downhill, breeze left to right.
A smooth 8 iron started just left of the pin, faded gently with the breeze, pitched at the top of the slope and dropped in the side door with perfect weight.
That'll do

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I refer you to my shot described in the other thread ... a 5 wood, 270 yd to 6ft from the pin. To put it into context, on a good day I can hit my driver about 230/240 yd, but often not that far. Where this strike came from I'll never know - but it would be nice to repeat it.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Seen a few threads on Twitter about what was the shot of the year on the Pro Circuit

But what was your shot of the year that you made

Mine is

Our 5th is a par 5 around 540 yards

It’s uphill for the first 280 and then downhill for the next 260 something - hit a driver right out of the screws up the middle to the top of hole , left myself around 250 to the middle of the green , pin at the front , hit a great 3 wood again out of the screws hoping to leave myself a 20 yard pitch/chip , got a solid bounce as it landed short but run up nicely onto the green and then taped onto the pin nearly in for an albatross but left with a 6inch tap in for eagle

So which shot was it ;-)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Going to have to go with landing a ball on the “straightest shot” line about 40 yards past the marker which was also on the line - while playing at Scraptoft with a few forumers in the summer. A really fun day out!

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I didn't have a shot of the year.
My spinal stenosis is making me play like a complete scraper.
I'm embarrassing myself, if I'm to be honest.

Perhaps I should just play gin in the clubhouse next year.
While I'm playing it, I can drink it as well....although frankly, I'm mostly a coffee guy.
Coffee with a generous splash of sambuca.

AAC

Visit site
A well struck 4 iron to a Par 3 at Verulam, just after my opponent had also hit a Sunday Best, I finished about three feet from the hole and about 3 feet inside his shot.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I guess it may have to be my 49yd HI1 in our Sat am Rollup a couple of Saturdays ago. From temp tee across rock hard ground to a rock hard temp green. Luck of course that it went in, but the shot I played was exactly the shot I meant to play ?.

I wasn’t going to take it as my 1st HI1, but the sign on the bar beside the bottle of Grouse when I turned up this Saturday morning past indicated that my mates in the rollup thought otherwise ?

And so also as we still play the hole against a par of 4, I’ll accept the albatross ?

MikeF86

Visit site
For me.....

Texas scramble for a laugh with a group of old footy pals. Having purchased the prizes i knew the loosing team was due a shot of Fireball Whiskey - I definitely didn't want this. We were +1 going up the last, I knew we'd be in the frame for last position given we had the lowest handicap of the 5 groups. We'd put two tee shots middle of fairway on a par 5, about 245 yards leaving us 215 to middle of the green. PP went first, hits a sublime 5 wood, right edge of green (Couldn't see landing but knew the line), we felt it'd be decent. I go next, Hybrid for me. Just the most crisp shot i'd ever hit, 5/6 yard fade and looked bang on the money. Next PP went and hit hybrid straight over the top of the flag, we couldn't believe it!!! When we got to the green, we had 3 balls all about 10ft away to the right, dead behind and to the left of the pin. PP steps upto the ball chosen and sinks the putt for eagle to help us to -1. We missed out on bottom spot by 1 shot!! The whole hole, my shot included (even though we never chose it!!!) was my fave bit of golf from the year! Can't beat having a good time with good mates.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
left myself around 250 to the middle of the green , pin at the front , hit a great 3 wood again out of the screws hoping to leave myself a 20 yard pitch/chip , got a solid bounce as it landed short but run up nicely onto the green and then taped onto the pin nearly in for an albatross but left with a 6inch tap in for eagle

...you didn't say if you made it! :whistle:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
384 yard drive beating the next longest by 100yards. Seeing the lad who was 2nd applaud me on the green was priceless.