Your Shot of the Year

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Played my best golf, but the fact that the shots I remember were mostly around the green tells me how much my short game improved. ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I would say, it would have to be when I won a board comp medal in April with a net 64 ?

One shot that springs to mind is the one that got me a birdie on the first, par 4

My approach shot left me about 4 yards short of the green, but puttable, flag was central at the back and the green slopes considerably left to right, I had to aim about 6 feet left of the flag, weight was everything, hit it perfectly and it curved and dropped.

One round where on the front 9 I simply couldn’t do anything wrong

Not been able to emulate it since

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Don't think I've had any worth recalling. :cautious:

The youth hit a few, drove a par 4 and hit some great hybrids into long Par 4's when we rejoined our club here in West Yorkshire - but I couldn't pick one out that was shot of the year.

I've lipped out on a Par 3 for a hole in one, but it got a lucky bounce so I'm reluctant to claim it as a great shot.

babylonsinger

Visit site
My first eagle on a short par 4 - holed a wedge from approximately 70 yards. Didn't actually see it go in as I'd turned away happy after hitting the green :ROFLMAO:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Foursomes medal board comp back in June. Shotgun start on the 13th. We were net four under handicap with just the 12th play.

The 12th is a 210 yard par 3 and I knew that we potentially had a winning score. My turn to tee off and struck a great 4-iron which was bang on line and stopped 10ft short of the flag. Knowing how important that shot was and executing it, makes it my shot of the year.

We were down for a 3 (net 2) and won the competition by a shot.

Visit site
Stuck my approach on the 18th at Parkstone to 2foot, back left flagstick… rip roaring 3 iron.

Approach on the 8th at Woking (I think it’s the 9th? 470 yard uphill par 4). Smoked a 3 wood to about 8 foot, and annoyingly missed the putt.

Approach shot into the 3rd at Royal County Down… blind 3 iron which the caddy gave me the line for. As soon as I hit it, he was calling for it to go in. Again, missed the birdie putt.

They stick out because of the fact it wasn’t at a familiar/home course. When you’ve played a course 100 times, it’s hard to have a shot that sticks out!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Though I’ve already nominated my 49yd HI1 of a couple of Sats back, I think my best shot was actually a chip I holed back in March.

It was in the semi of our Winter Singles K/O, and the flag was in a nightmare position towards the back of the green at the top of a very severe slope. OK if I was short, I‘d at least have an uphill putt. But I wasn’t - 6ft off the back of the green in light rough with maybe 12ft of very quick and downwards sloping green to the flag, with very steep slope down immediately past the flag, and so in a position from where my opponent was thinking that Id be doing extremely well to get down in two, almost certainly down in three was about as best I could realistically expect. I holed the 1:100 chip. He was astounded, and still talks of it to me and anyone with him when we bump into each other. So that’ll do for me.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My most important shot of the year was a 7 foot, downhill, left to righter on the 10th at Hayling.
My last hole of the H4H round and, as it happens, I needed to birdie it to win as my back 9 (10-18) wouldn't have won on countback.
Deadweight, plum dead centre...
The putt of a Champion...;)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
During my last round in Feb, which was only my 3rd round in 2 years. Par 5 16th hole also had a longest drive comp. I decided to really go after it instead of babying it as I had all round, protecting the bad back that had stopped me playing. Absolutely crunched it, hitting a long high draw which finished just left of centre miles down the fairway. It was about 10yds past the marker.

Being a 63yr old crock I didn’t expect it to be the winning drive but it remained unbeaten. I got such a buzz from seeing there’s still a game in me. Not played since but I’ve got an itch for another one.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our 562 6th par 5 . 244 yard 3 wood which drew around the Oak tree that guards the green at the front to 6 foot for a putt to give me my first Eagle on that hole

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A seniors knock out greensomes competition at my club. We were playing the 16th and my partner and I were 3 down with 3 to play after 15 holes. Our opponents’ second shot had just left them with a tap in putt for a par and I was taking our second shot from about 10 yards off the green with the flag in the middle. My partner pointed out that I needed to chip in to take the match to the next hole … so I did! We lost on the next hole though.