Winter Wheels

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Just ban trollies in winter. Simple!

Get a light bag and carry as much as you are able. It’s that’s 5 clubs and a few balls so be it. Most players don’t need any more than that anyway!!

I’m sick of having to walk through swampy areas on the course because so many people need to take a full set of clubs in a massive bag containing everything they own.

If the course is open then they can only ban trolleys due to health and safety reasons , and it’s going to be very rare , they can deem certain areas no trolleys etc but a full ban is very hard to justify

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If the course is open then they can only ban trolleys due to health and safety reasons , and it’s going to be very rare , they can deem certain areas no trolleys etc but a full ban is very hard to justify
Why is it rare. We often go to carry only in winter to protect the course. That is a full ban and lasts until conditions improve. Tends to impact the seniors a lot more as they are less likely to be able to carry

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not quite as simple as you think. Some people can't carry, even a half set, so clubs have to do what they can to facilitate these golfers. We are in the process of putting in a path around the whole course so we can have trollies and buggies through out the year.

yeah I've mentioned before but home club has 10km of concrete buggy/cart path covering every meter of the course, even all green to tee journeys
Unless its flooded the course can always be open for wheeled club carriers (& maybe more importantly greenkeepers can access the course with machinery without driving on grass or connecting natural paths)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My course is hilly and damp hills can create wheel spin. My hedgehogs are on not because I’ve been asked but because it’s common sense.

Sod carrying my course, anything I can do to prevent a trolley ban has to be done!