Tour Bag - Winter Use

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everytime I get a new bag (I use a carry bag on a trolly) it seems to have less and less pockets

I use a little masters cool bag to keep my drinks and a jumper but the rest all go in the bag

Makes me carry a lot less in the bag

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everyone should do their absolute best to carry in the winter, it is proven how much more damage a trolley does to the ground than carrying.
We ran tests on our 9 hole course many years ago to test out various theories to do with wear on the course about the only one that stood out was that there was lot of wear around roped off areas as everybody took the same route. One of the biggest changes was that we dispensed with winter greens. We still keep trolleys away from the greens and approaches but now use spaced out stakes not ropes

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a bag sim to this (albeit on my buggy)

Light enough to carry

Have had it for nearly ten years and have not been disappointed with except that after about five years the top two pockets developed holes in the bottom and small things ended up in the bottom pocket

Came from the guy who sells this (also seen as the Hippo bag and the Titleist bag (he once made the Callaway bag)

Also light enough to carry

C7usk

Visit site
I am thinking of getting a tour bag for winter use. I've been offered a 2nd hand (but in very good condition) TM tour bag which has primarily been used to display clubs in store. I am finding that it is getting a squeeze to get waterproofs, gloves, spare towels, drinks etc into my current trolley bag which is also showing its age as it is 6 years old and had a lot of use. Does anyone else use one? I think I will only lose one pocket on a trolley but will still be able to access both the large side pockets.
I know what you mean Homer. I've got a sta dry titliest bag and during the winter I can struggle with having enough room sometimes. Normally wrapped up like the Michelin man with lots of layers ( Scotland) after a few holes take an item off to swing easier. Feel like I'm having to stuff things into the bag on occasion.. Then you get a rain shower or 2 and your moving things about your bag. Trying to keep wet items away from dry and it just gets a bit of a flaff... A little bit more room would make things easier for sure.. If its a good deal and makes things easier then go for it.. Let you concentrate on your golf.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am thinking of getting a tour bag for winter use. I've been offered a 2nd hand (but in very good condition) TM tour bag which has primarily been used to display clubs in store. I am finding that it is getting a squeeze to get waterproofs, gloves, spare towels, drinks etc into my current trolley bag which is also showing its age as it is 6 years old and had a lot of use. Does anyone else use one? I think I will only lose one pocket on a trolley but will still be able to access both the large side pockets.

Surely dressing correctly reduces the need to carry a bag full of clothes….. or did I miss something?

Soft shell trousers, sweater if its “ iffy “ with a shower jacket in the bag. thin trousers/shorts & waterproofs trousers if its certain with a long sleeve polo and water proof jacket.

MacWets as standard - job done.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Completely off topic but I used this one recently when I played Ilfracombe, only 7 clubs so light as a feather and enough space for a rain jacket and the faithful jam sandwiches.

Screenshot_20231101-221205.jpg

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Surely dressing correctly reduces the need to carry a bag full of clothes….. or did I miss something?

Soft shell trousers, sweater if its “ iffy “ with a shower jacket in the bag. thin trousers/shorts & waterproofs trousers if its certain with a long sleeve polo and water proof jacket.

MacWets as standard - job done.
Indeed it does. It’s painful standing watching people getting dressed and undressed because they can’t organise themselves properly.

sunshine

Visit site
Everytime I get a new bag (I use a carry bag on a trolly) it seems to have less and less pockets

I use a little masters cool bag to keep my drinks and a jumper but the rest all go in the bag

Makes me carry a lot less in the bag
Sounds like you need a handbag for all your accessories and make up

sunshine

Visit site

I think you missed something.

At this time of year, if you tee off in the morning it can be freezing, but by lunch time if the sun's out it can be nice and pleasant. More than just removing a top layer, also more comfortable to change mid layers, lose the wooly hat etc. And then of course frequent showers mean the waterproofs come on.

sunshine

Visit site
You tried to make a point that wasn't even in the conversation. I didn't design the bag, or name it. It literally says tour cart bag, and you bring up a pretty useless argument about a bag. It's a tour cart bag with dividers. Deal with it? - No one is asking you to buy it or use it.

This is brilliant. You have fallen for the oldest marketing trick in golf: add the word "tour" on to any product to make it sound premium and increase the price.

You have bought a cart bag. There is no such thing as a "tour cart bag", because players on tour have caddies and don't use trolleys. Here's another secret, tour pros don't use Top Flite Tour golf balls :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you missed something.

At this time of year, if you tee off in the morning it can be freezing, but by lunch time if the sun's out it can be nice and pleasant. More than just removing a top layer, also more comfortable to change mid layers, lose the wooly hat etc. And then of course frequent showers mean the waterproofs come on.
True that - I had the same thing last weekend. Turned up with midlayer and gilet on, then both of them came off during the front nine. But the trick is wear multiple thin layers rather than bulky puffer jackets and woolly jumpers - two thin layers folded take up less room in the bag than one thick one.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
When it gets boggy, we are on push trolley or carry, so a big bag is no use to me.
Spring through to Autumn I use a Motocaddy premium cart bag.
Winter, I swop to a smaller full size carry bag on the push trolley.
Carry, I use a small 7inch lightweight carry bag with 8 clubs.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would love a tour bag for use on my trolley in the summer … I think that they look great. However, as somebody said earlier, you had better be a good golfer if you are going to use one or else you will look a complete wally. That explains why I don‘t have one. 🙄

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
I would love a tour bag for use on my trolley in the summer … I think that they look great. However, as somebody said earlier, you had better be a good golfer if you are going to use one or else you will look a complete wally. That explains why I don‘t have one. 🙄
Get one if you want one, they look much better than the bland trolley bags you see everywhere.
Loads of people at the club I’m a member of use tour bags.
Who cares what other people think.