Tour Bag - Winter Use

D

Deleted member 23270

Mizuno do a 'trolley tour bag' designed for a trolley with the base cut out bit so it sits straight. 5 way top instead of 14 so easier to get clubs in and out. All the storage space you'll ever need.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunshine

Visit site
Maybe our courses are different but mine often has the trolley ban in place for weeks at a time. Or they'll say 'carry if you can' a lot of the time, but as I'm still in my 30s I'm pretty sure I class as someone who can, so I do. I tend to just carry the whole time through December to March, go with 9 clubs or so to make the bag lighter.

Even with 14 clubs, it's easy to carry a bag in most cases. Especially the young ones like you. Although at many golf clubs, people in their 50s are still in the young ones bracket.

ThinBullet

Visit site
I get odd looks using a tour bag. It's the Titleist 14 way StaDry one from this year. There's a few reasons why I use it.

Fits on a CT6 perfectly
It has carry handles on the lip
It has 15 dividers, and one for the putter that's lower.
It stands up well at the range and doesn't get in the way of my swing like a stand bag
Fits under my stairs in the hall.
It's water proof
The rain hood is actually functional not like the awful one you get with a midsize bag.
There's so much storage.
The top pockets are actually useable unlike the midsize bag where they are for decoration.
Unlike normal cart bags, the strap is located on the correct side of the bag so nothing falls out when you're carrying it.

So many reasons to have that bag over something else. I love it, BUT if you just want to go out for a quick game, it's a hassle to set up the trolley, the bag and all that. Puts you off a wee bit.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get odd looks using a tour bag. It's the Titleist 14 way StaDry one from this year. There's a few reasons why I use it.

Fits on a CT6 perfectly
It has carry handles on the lip
It has 15 dividers, and one for the putter that's lower.
It stands up well at the range and doesn't get in the way of my swing like a stand bag
Fits under my stairs in the hall.
It's water proof
The rain hood is actually functional not like the awful one you get with a midsize bag.
There's so much storage.
The top pockets are actually useable unlike the midsize bag where they are for decoration.
Unlike normal cart bags, the strap is located on the correct side of the bag so nothing falls out when you're carrying it.

So many reasons to have that bag over something else. I love it, BUT if you just want to go out for a quick game, it's a hassle to set up the trolley, the bag and all that. Puts you off a wee bit.
That's too many - or is it one for your lake ball retriever? šŸ˜†

D

Deleted member 23270

Tour bags don't have 14/15 dividers.

Just saying........

ThinBullet

Visit site
The clue is in the title. It's says 'cart'

You tried to make a point that wasn't even in the conversation. I didn't design the bag, or name it. It literally says tour cart bag, and you bring up a pretty useless argument about a bag. It's a tour cart bag with dividers. Deal with it? - No one is asking you to buy it or use it.

D

Deleted member 23270

You tried to make a point that wasn't even in the conversation. I didn't design the bag, or name it. It literally says tour cart bag, and you bring up a pretty useless argument about a bag. It's a tour cart bag with dividers. Deal with it? - No one is asking you to buy it or use it.
The conversation is about tour bags, it says so in the title. I was just highlighting the difference between tour bags and cart bags. Tour bags are great for space but not designed to fit on a trolley due to where the pockets are. I know this because I have a tour bag and a 'cart' tour bag which is completely different. End of.

ThinBullet

Visit site
The conversation is about tour bags, it says so in the title. I was just highlighting the difference between tour bags and cart bags. Tour bags are great for space but not designed to fit on a trolley due to where the pockets are. I know this because I have a tour bag and a 'cart' tour bag which is completely different. End of.

I've been using tour, tour midsize and cart bags and stand bags on trolleys for the past 4 years, and I've never had issues with accessing pockets. I think that is based on the trolley, on whether you get access to the underside, but the bag can't be faulted for poor trolley design.

I merely highlighted a tour style cart bag (to keep you happy) that I found to be the best of all worlds. Perfect for winter, which is the question being asked. There was no real need to get grumpy about it.