Winter clothing

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Not really sure but I kinda thought it may possibly breach the clothing rule under equipment (my highlight) depends on definition of 'energy' i guess when its used within the RoG

Equipment Rules

4. Clothing (Rule 4.3)

Articles of clothing must not incorporate features:

designed to assist the player with his alignment; or

that might otherwise assist the player in making a stroke or in his play.

Use of Compression Clothing: Compression clothing has been available for many years and its use is widespread in both the winter and summer for temperature regulation and sun protection. Compression garments are not considered unusual equipment and consequently are permitted under Rule 4.3.

Use of Posture Garments (e.g., shirts): Posture garments, as currently available (2012), are considered to be a type of compression garment and should be permitted under Rule 4.3. These include: Posture shirts, Posture/sports bras, Girdles, and Shaping undergarments. Clothing incorporating features designed to or which have the effect of: Storing and releasing energy, or Inhibiting or enhancing movement, are considered unusual equipment in breach of Rule 4.3.

edit: i'll ask in rules section to avoid taking OP thread off track...
I’d argue a tight base layer stores more energy into the swing though

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have just bought some Zerofit base layers ( move)
Played last week and they are fantastic, ver stretchy and don’t inhibit you at all.
They do leggings but havnt used them yet.
Just a jumper over the top and waterproof trousers for winter.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you watch the solheim they are all wearing pouches

Yes but are the pouches artificially heated?

There is nothing wrong with wearing warm clothing such as mittens and keeping the ball inside the mittens. It is only when the garment is artificially heated and the ball is placed next to the heater that there is a rules infringement.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site

There is nothing wrong with wearing warm clothing such as mittens and keeping the ball inside the mittens. It is only when the garment is artificially heated and the ball is placed next to the heater that there is a rules infringement.
I get the ball rule. I was more meaning the hands

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
It hasn't got cold yet, but when it is I usually go for the skintight baselayer underneath the polo, and a midlayer thin jumper. I always have a gilet in my bag as well if I'm still too cold - again that's a thin, fleecy type rather than a thick padded one. I worked out a long time ago that I can't play golf in thick padded clothing really, it has to be multiple thin layers so not bulky. I have a pair of FootJoy Wintersof gloves that I use as well, although I have to take the right one off for full shots as it feels weird having two gloves on when swinging. I have an Under Armour beanie hat that I wear too, keeps the ears warm.

My mate has one of those heated gilets, think it looks a bit ridiculous personally. We always keep pressing the button on it so it changes the temperature setting. I wonder if he'll be electrocuted one day if it rains. ?
Pity you can’t supercharge it!

sunshine

Visit site

Just pop your balls in your Y fronts to keep them warm.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s practically shorts n tshirt weather here at the minute. Having to store Christmas alcohol in the actual fridge!

Captain_Black.

Visit site
For winter.
Lined trousers
A few thin layers, mainly sleeveless except for one top to cover my arms.
That is enough down to temperatures of about 5°C.
Any lower than that, it's usually temporary greens, at that point, I lose all interest & don't bother.