Surrey golf tour - 3 rounds down.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So after 3 rounds I thought now would be a great time to do a little write up on how the season is going for myself and a couple of the other forum competitors of the surrey golf tour

The tour originated from what I believe is the Essex and Norfolk tour, and for 2013 the guys at golf days uk moved into the Surrey county, with one goal in mind, to offer hassle free golf days for players of all levels to be able to enter at venues they may or may not having played with a competitive environment and some great prizes from the support of companies such as loudmouth golf.

After three rounds one things as become very apparent, with the exception of Mother Nature throwing all sorts of weather at us every day that has gone ahead has indeed run like a fine Swiss watch, hassle free and super smooth. The organisers have done superb job on all three events and they have been some great prizes won, from shoes, bags, clothing, and golf equipment.

Round 1 - The drift

From an early offset the tour has seen a touch of forum domination, first home at round 1 was Duncan Mackie with a solid 3rd spot, i beleive jimbob someroo sweeped in around 4th although i could be out here andn your truley limped home in 6th place, we was lucky to have round 1 go ahead in my opinion with some very wet green after the snow had defrosted but the guys at golf days kept us all in formed and the first round was down and out to bed. Fish did compete and although he had a very enjoyable day I believe he brought home another top ten spot for the gm camp.

Round 2 - Lingfield Park

After the round being forced to be postponed , the round was rescheduled and run on a very cold and windy Friday, it was always apparent that this day was going to be won by a cunning fox and non other than mr mackie took the spoils on the day, I'm glad he took the win and some mid round glitches in the back did have sme doubts but the legend powered through to take the win and the first set of loud mouth trousers for the gm camp. Duncan played a very consistent and reserved game keeping the ball in playing and doing what was needed to keep the score stable... Me on the other hand ............. Yeah.........hmmmmm. Jimbob wasn't present at round 2 so going into round three myself and Duncan away laying 2nd and 4th respectively.

Round 3 - Reigate hill

So with 2 of the top spots occupied but the gm camp. Our 4 ball consisted of Duncan, myself and jimbob with a new member to the tour being young Bertie off a tidy 4hc. It become apparent early on hat I was going to scab it round to a ok round, but it was Bertie and jimbob who were out for the spoils, with jim piping Bertie on the one stretch, jims plus one gross score see he another first place for the forum and Duncan I think was tied with myself around 4/5th and Bertie in 2nd, crys of banditry could be heard from out table but zoro took care of jims handicap adjustment so that's another round dead and put to bed,

So with three rounds down, Duncan is in a solid 2nd place in the standing with a win and some snazzy trews under he's belt, likewise with jimbob on the prize fund who is currently in 5th place as the highest placed golfer competing in only two rounds, myself sitting in a comfy 4th only a few points from 3rd place and looking like my game is finally coming back to form. For anyone interested the results and standings are here - http://www.golfdaysuk.co.uk/surrey-tour-2013-leaderboard

I cannot stress to people how enjoyable and great value for money these days are, they run like clockwork with a great bunch of like minded competitors at each even and some great prizes to be had. The additional support of loudmouth sees bonus prizes for the winner in effect of a £75 voucher for loudmouth clothing, and what's more if you win wearing loudmouth clothing, this doubles to £150. I know LM clothing isn't to everyone's taste but its nice to see a manufacture sponsoring a grass roots tour and I for one can only say how greatly appreciated it is.

The next round is wildwood in a couple of weeks, anyone interested in entering can check out the details on the below link. At first me and a couple of others were sceptical on the validity of handicaps used and so on, but its seems a very true plaing field with no ringers and some great golf and atmosphere to be enjoyed. Guys...... Get involved..... Your missing out.

http://www.golfempire.co.uk/tours/surrey-golf-tour.htm

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great review... we are glad that you are enjoying the tour so far!

Just for you to win some Loudmouth and you'll be happy as larry!

Tell me about it, although I've just had a bombshell dropped that my manager will be away on the 17th meaning I have to miss wildwood, I'm gutted as that puts me back a round and I have good memories of the place

jason6r

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great write-up and I'm glad to hear it's going well. I'm on the Essex Tour and can also confirm that it's been a really good, fun experience to date. I've thoroughly enjoyed meeting new players and playing new courses (our first major at Romford on the 26th April was particularly enjoyable as the course was in really great nick and the club was amazingly friendly and welcoming).

Keeping up the forum success over in Essex, I was lucky enough to win the 3rd Round at Ballards Gore and am now the proud owner (and wearer) of Loudmouth "Danger" trousers and shorts. I'm also leading the tour right now BUT this is only due to the fact that I've played in every round so far, so it's not a true reflection of performance. Once everyone has done 5 rounds and I assume that the leaderboard will be updated to reflect the 5 best scores, I'm sure I will drift down the placings!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good to see your holding the fort on the northern side of the Thames Jason, like you if I'm honest the 4th place is through consistency of being at every round not scores as such, but as you say once the majority complete the designated number or rounds things should spice up. You thought about attending one of the Surrey ones, I know there's was talks of a southern tour invasion into the Essex area once the summer hits,,,,

jason6r

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I may give a Surrey event a go if the finances permit and if the dates don't clash with the Essex Tour. Does any particular course on the future schedule stand out as one to not miss?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I may give a Surrey event a go if the finances permit and if the dates don't clash with the Essex Tour. Does any particular course on the future schedule stand out as one to not miss?

For me the stand out is the gatton manor major, GM is a really nice track that's used for qualifiers. The entry fee is pretty much the green fee anyone, it's one that missing is not an option

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Need to look at the fixtures again now my house move has been completed and I'm settled in and more importantly, back on-line.

Looking at the table and scores, I only need to score the same again twice to be up with Barry after 3 games and I'd like to think I can play better than I did at The Drift so......where's those dates ;)

With Jimbob poised in 5th but after only playing 2 rounds, if I can get 2 decent rounds in the "GM Gruesome Foursome" could dominate the top 6 positions :thup:

Who's doing Wildwood Golf Club on the 17th?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I don't think he can make 17th, but is trying to sort out Pyford (which I would if I wasn't playing the Bournemouth Open!)

OK, I'll fill in the gaps so we've all played 3 by the time we get together at Gatton. What's the (Major) mean?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, I'll fill in the gaps so we've all played 3 by the time we get together at Gatton. What's the (Major) mean?

more points 125 down instead of 100. Play both and you are likely to make top 15 at the end of season - miss one and you are stuffed :(

Fish

Banned
Visit site
more points 125 down instead of 100. Play both and you are likely to make top 15 at the end of season - miss one and you are stuffed :(

I'm sitting at 15th and only played 2 with most people above me played 3 or more so......if I can get the others in I should or could make the final.

I didn't see this posted anywhere by the way ;)

Duncan.jpg

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mr mackie looked rather hip and down with the kids as he rocked up fully colour coded, rumour was he had matching socks..... Yup he took it that dam serious