Best stand/lightweight bag for trolley use??

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

Afternoon all,
As some may know, my back is knackered. Last time is went twang was whilst getting my bag & trolley out of the boot. The action of lifting, bending and twisting is as bad as it comes for my spine.

So I’m looking to get a lighter bag, and was wondering which carry bags are best for use on a trolley.
Also considering changing my leccy trolley for a push trolley S they too are lighter.

Any ideas gratefully received

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afternoon all,
As some may know, my back is knackered. Last time is went twang was whilst getting my bag & trolley out of the boot. The action of lifting, bending and twisting is as bad as it comes for my spine.

So I’m looking to get a lighter bag, and was wondering which carry bags are best for use on a trolley.
Also considering changing my leccy trolley for a push trolley S they too are lighter.

Any ideas gratefully received

Have you tried a hybrid bag?

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/gps-bags-equipment/carry-bags/titleist-hybrid-5-stand-bag-344148.html

They are great for carrying but also for fitting on trolly as they have a cut out to make it fit a trolly

Trolly wise My pp just got this

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/gps-...trolleys/big-max-blade-ip-trolley-333481.html

Folds so small can fit more stuff in his car

D

Deleted member 1147

Have you tried a hybrid bag?

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/gps-bags-equipment/carry-bags/titleist-hybrid-5-stand-bag-344148.html

They are great for carrying but also for fitting on trolly as they have a cut out to make it fit a trolly

Trolly wise My pp just got this

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/gps-...trolleys/big-max-blade-ip-trolley-333481.html

Folds so small can fit more stuff in his car
That’s the sort of thing, thanks.

I didn’t know about hybrid bags

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s the sort of thing, thanks.

I didn’t know about hybrid bags

Their amazing tbh, I have the big max dri lite 14 think it's called

It's water resistant (basically water proof)

Anyways the cut out means it holds nicely on my trolly rather than my old ones they would spin round going over bumps

Easy to carry if a trolly ban or throw on a cart aswell

Big fan

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I use the aquaflex hybrid stabs bag, in my opinion it’s mikes better than the titleist sta-dry and H2NO’s which I’ve had before and the way the stand is engineered on the foot plate makes it great for trolleys. If you use a motocaddy trolley it has their interlock system which is even better. On my m3 ellecy trolley I use one strap, same when I had the motocaddy cube push.

D

Deleted member 1147

I use the aquaflex hybrid stabs bag, in my opinion it’s mikes better than the titleist sta-dry and H2NO’s which I’ve had before and the way the stand is engineered on the foot plate makes it great for trolleys. If you use a motocaddy trolley it has their interlock system which is even better. On my m3 ellecy trolley I use one strap, same when I had the motocaddy cube push.
That’s a motocaddy bag?
Cheers

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That’s a motocaddy bag?
Cheers

Correct, I’ve had h2no’s and stadrys since 2010 and generally changed every 2 years because I’m a tart. Noticed the quality of the later models getting worse (mainly padding splitting on the deviders), prices rocketing and after 2 warranty failures I swapped brand.

The only downsides with the hybrid carry is that is doesn’t have an insulated pocket (due to saving weight as they have one on the cart version) colours could be a little more adventurous but - very clever and well engineered bag.

The legs have been made about 75-100mm shorter than the hinged base plate so make it compatible with most trolleys and also give it a wider stance when being used as a stand bag which is great for cambers and windy days.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’ve always had Ping carry bags, or should I say that my current Ping carry bag is about 15 years old.

I want to go to one bag, trolley & carry.
Although I do have a pencil bag as well, for late evening golf.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You won’t go wrong. If I could change the bag at all it would be an insulated pocket. Due to the colours being dark the pockets can get warm so I’ve invested in one of those insulated drinks bottles as cold drinks could warm up quickly.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I also use the Motocaddy Hydroflex hybrid bag and I think it's great. I don't know if I'd call it 'lightweight' as I think the hybrid bags are a shade larger/heavier than a regular carry bag, but I think it's perfect anyway. I don't have to chop and change between bags, it has enough pockets for me since I don't carry loads of stuff, the carry straps can be removed easily for when you're using a trolley and you don't want them flapping around on top. It's waterproof as well which is handy. The only minor and I do mean minor issue for me is that the drinks pouch is a bit small, so my 750ml Chilly's bottle sticks out and hits my leg/backside when carrying - but the bottle itself is insulated anyway of course so I just started putting in the larger side pocket instead and problem solved. Perfect bag for me. It cost me £170 through Snainton.