Will Tiger play in the 2022 Masters?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Thanks to the extensive coverage of tiger practicing we got some good close ups with the driver
Seems he'll be gaming low friction plastic tees. It's this another change. Anyone got a review of these

I'm a pink castle user myself but would consider changing...

D

Deleted member 15344

It was interesting to see him eating his sandwich , looked like a bit of ham on white bread , they were unsure if it had mustard on it

what I saw though it looked like plain ham ?‍♂️

That was on top of how uncomfortable he looked when walking - hitting the ball didn’t seem an issue

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I'm watching Live from the Masters and all they've bloody talked about for 15 straight minutes is Tiger Woods. I'm fed up already. I just wish the media would calm down!

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Asked what his overriding emotion was on being able to compete at Augusta, he said: “Thankful. Very, very thankful for everyone’s support, everyone who has been involved in my process and the work I have put in each and every day. The amount of texts and FaceTimes and calls I have gotten has meant a lot.”

Woods said he had been driven by his desire to compete and win again, adding: “I feel like if I can still compete at the highest level I am going to, but if I feel like I can’t, you won’t see me out here. I don’t show up to an event unless I think I can win it.”

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I'm watching Live from the Masters and all they've bloody talked about for 15 straight minutes is Tiger Woods. I'm fed up already. I just wish the media would calm down!
Just watching the JT interview and nearly every question has been about Tiger

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thought once he was on the course this week it was a given he'd play. I agree its a sideshow now and hope he's out when the live feed isn't on when they start on Thursday and he shoots high. That way there is a marginal chance we'll not see too much of him following it up with another hack on Friday and we can have normal service for the weekend

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am genuinely interested in why Tiger was wearing Footjoys. It's not exactly a great selling point for Nike if he felt their shoes weren't comfortable enough. I have a pair of Nike's and they seem alright to me. Wife loves hers!

I‘ e tried both brands and the Nike are more like trainers with the Footjoy more like shoes, so I imagine they give a more stable type of support rather than athletic.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks to the extensive coverage of tiger practicing we got some good close ups with the driver
Seems he'll be gaming low friction plastic tees. It's this another change. Anyone got a review of these

I'm a pink castle user myself but would consider changing...

I use them because I don’t like castle tees and got fed up of pulling more tees out of my bag every time I snapped all my wooden ones.

30% fairways and 220yds so obviously they are awesome ?‍♂️

Swango1980

Visit site
Conspiracy theorist (almost)! Love it. Sport psychology is absolutely a thing, if that makes me a conspiracy theorist for having an opinion, that's okay. There's a reason Tiger wears red on a Sunday. There's an aura about Tiger (not my words, that of his peers). Tiger, more than most, is methodical and in terms of mentality probably the best about. It's in every sport - Fergie broke many a manager and referee long before a ball was kicked. If there was no calculation in his tweet (even at a minimum for the PIP), then so be it, and Covid was indeed a cunning ploy to get us all chipped, I've been found out! With the press conferences this afternoon I'm sure none of the players who are now flying under the radar will be asked to comment on Tiger.....
Hey, I'm not saying sports psychology isn't a real thing. I'm just saying Tiger didn't do what he did to eliminate most of the field. If there was any planning in his announcements, no doubt it was more to do with his sponsors, and those that even run the Masters. No doubt they are getting the publicity they want, and footjoy shoes are flying off the shelves

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hey, I'm not saying sports psychology isn't a real thing. I'm just saying Tiger didn't do what he did to eliminate most of the field. If there was any planning in his announcements, no doubt it was more to do with his sponsors, and those that even run the Masters. No doubt they are getting the publicity they want, and footjoy shoes are flying off the shelves

I think there is a bit of both. Keep the rest of the field guessing in the run up, but once he was at Augusta I think most will have thought he's there to play. From there they will have known the media circus will go into meltdown as wearing FJ shoes have proved. I think you are right and the announcement will be to get maximum exposure for the Woods brand all the associated sponsors. Whether he still has the fear factor he had is doubtful and I think the top players will think they've been out and playing at some tough courses this season and know where their game is.

This feels our equivalent of Woods getting out the car at the club and going to the first tee with two minutes to spare. He can have practiced as much as he liked and his body allowed but he has no game time. We saw when he first came back how rusty the short game was and Augusta is not the place to have any flaws in the game

Swango1980

Visit site
I seriously worry for the journalists when he finally calls it a day....
A lot of people are going need some hefty therapy because they'll have nothing left to write about....
Does his ham sandwich have mustard on it......Jesus H Christ...........
At that point, the Seniors Tour will be bigger than the PGA Tour