BOOMross - Be our Tour Pro - Two days in the sun!

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surprised such a posh hotel couldn't afford light bulbs so you had to get dressed in the dark Steve.:whistle: Brave trousers to wear when you have to fly in a chopper.;)

Too posh for me Rich. I had the bath robes, slippers, pens, toothbrushes and light bulbs in my bag before I went down to dinner. Bit gutted I didn't have room for the towels but I've had enough of those in my time to last alittle while!

There was talk of making me put my waterproof bottoms on for the Helicopter ride too!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Too posh for me Rich. I had the bath robes, slippers, pens, toothbrushes and light bulbs in my bag before I went down to dinner. Bit gutted I didn't have room for the towels but I've had enough of those in my time to last alittle while!

There was talk of making me put my waterproof bottoms on for the Helicopter ride too!

Sounds like a couple of great days Steve, and good that West Hill now know the sort of golfer to expect on Monday.:whistle: I assume you will be allowed back, and didn't perform your party piece in the bar ?:whistle:

S

Snelly

Nice! Sounds great.

Am off to West Hill myself this morning so nice to hear its in good nick.

Hope the clubs work out well.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great write up for what sounds like an unforgettable experience.

A big thumbs up has to go to Benross for a really imaginative marketing campaign for the year. The 'You are our Pro' campaign was a very different approach from the usual 'longer, more forgiving, used by whoever' campaign and to finish it off with a pro styled event was very clever thinking.

D

Deleted member 17920

Great write up and thanks for sharing what must have been a unforgettable experience. I agree with GB72 that thanks to Benross and all the other manufactures that golfers on this forum get an opportunity like this. :thup:

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great write up for what sounds like an unforgettable experience.

A big thumbs up has to go to Benross for a really imaginative marketing campaign for the year. The 'You are our Pro' campaign was a very different approach from the usual 'longer, more forgiving, used by whoever' campaign and to finish it off with a pro styled event was very clever thinking.

It is a really good bit of marketing and glad I got to be part of the whole experience. Really clever and fresh idea.

The new range of woods have proprer Aldila ATX tour blue shafts and Golf Pride multi compound grips on too. I was lucky enough to get the new shafts in my woods and hybirds.
You do get a lot for your money compared to a lot of the bigger brands.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It is a really good bit of marketing and glad I got to be part of the whole experience. Really clever and fresh idea.

The new range of woods have proprer Aldila ATX tour blue shafts and Golf Pride multi compound grips on too. I was lucky enough to get the new shafts in my woods and hybirds.
You do get a lot for your money compared to a lot of the bigger brands.

They've gone for 'real' shafts for some time now - at least since 2004/5 when I met the owner and one of their real Tour Pros (Fishy) - who rang me and asked me to help out carrying.

Certainly do get value for money from the brand. They seem to know their market too. Unfortunately, that made it quite a long day!

Their clothing, especially Waterproofs, are great vfm. Wedges and hybrids also perform well. It's only my prejudice (touch of brand snobbery) that prevents me describing the whole range as great!

Great 'package' for the participants. As well as the 2 day's golf and accommodation and food, they received a great cart-bag and a set of waterproofs.