Recommendations needed please

metsuk

Visit site
Hi I've decided to get back in to playing after around 15 years. I used to play fairly regularly but then surgery happened and I never got back to playing.
Been looking for something secondhand to get me started and think I've narrowed it down to the following.

Benross delta x set

TM M2 2019, comes with rossa putter and mizuna S5 wedges

Wilson d300 irons and pick up possible a Cleveland hi bore XL that's cheap locally and some other wedges

All will work out around £300 for everything.

Previously I used to shoot around mid 90s.

Which would you recommend?
I did consider just getting fitted for a set of new benross but probably better waiting for that and just getting something else to get started.
Any help would be appreciated.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All will probably work fine but Taylor Made will hold value better if and when you come to sell them on in the future, I should think. Not much resale value in Benross for sure, and Wilsons aren't as popular as TM.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The logical answer is above, and I agree word for word! 😉

I'd be getting the Taylor Mades without hesitation.

BUT. Are you in a position to hit all these? Because if you can forget the name on the sole, which do you like best...fits your eye best, feels and sounds best??

Chances are, you be trading up soon anyway!😁

metsuk

Visit site
I went ahead and got the M2, been once to the range and it went surprisingly better than expected after 15 years of not playing. Though next step will be booking a lesson and buying some lake balls for the first proper round.