Will Tiger play in the 2022 Masters?

evemccc

Visit site
Has it been confirmed yet if his socks were Footjoy also ? And not just grainy telephoto lens stuff, but a confirmed report from a reliable source. Its the next big story to break I think.

So, what shoes did Tiger use before Footjoy? I would have assumed he would wear them anyway…

D

Deleted member 1147

They're showing a re-run of Sunday 2011 at the moment, Rory's just tee'd off on 8 and leading the way, looking good so far (y)
I reckon he's got a good chance of winning it.
The 10th tee will suit his draw to a tee!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just for the hell of it I've just switched on the Masters - and guess who is on the screen and they are talking about...though they are just about to go chat with Rory, Might hang on for him.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
A lot of thought went into that post, but I think you are trying to overthink it. Almost like a conspiracy theorist. Tiger's intent is to eliminate most of the field as contenders? That in itself sounds garbage. In fact, I think it could bring many big players into contention, given there is less attention and focus on them.

Also, how on earth does Tiger turn up to play at the Master's and stay under the radar? He probably had a journalist watch him leave his house, and as soon as his car was vaguely pointing towards Augusta, started writing up their exclusive.

Conspiracy theorist (almost)! Love it. Sport psychology is absolutely a thing, if that makes me a conspiracy theorist for having an opinion, that's okay. There's a reason Tiger wears red on a Sunday. There's an aura about Tiger (not my words, that of his peers). Tiger, more than most, is methodical and in terms of mentality probably the best about. It's in every sport - Fergie broke many a manager and referee long before a ball was kicked. If there was no calculation in his tweet (even at a minimum for the PIP), then so be it, and Covid was indeed a cunning ploy to get us all chipped, I've been found out! With the press conferences this afternoon I'm sure none of the players who are now flying under the radar will be asked to comment on Tiger.....

D

Deleted member 15344

Just turned over and they are interviewing Rory - and asking him about Woods whilst showing Woods in a split screen hitting drivers on the practise ground

Is it just the Tiger Woods show now

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great story if he plays and in some way I hope he does but it’s going overboard now and whilst it’s good for some it’s going get others turning off

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Just turned over and they are interviewing Rory - and asking him about Woods whilst showing Woods in a split screen hitting drivers on the practise ground

Is it just the Tiger Woods show now

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great story if he plays and in some way I hope he does but it’s going overboard now and whilst it’s good for some it’s going get others turning off

Some will say they won’t watch, but they will. Even if a tiny minority who would otherwise have watched don’t, millions more definitely will watch The Masters because Tiger is playing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I don't like the build up to any sporting event so I wouldn't be watching anyway..
From what I hear it seems Tiger is the only one there.....
I won't be watching any of it until Thursday evening.....but if it turns into the Tiger show ill have no hesitation in turning it off.
I'm not a Tiger hater and I'm not a Tiger Fan boy....I want to see golf, I want to see all the top players...
I don't want to see Tiger to the detriment of seeing everyone else.
Somehow, if he p,ays, I feel I may not see much of this Masters..

D

Deleted member 15344

Some will say they won’t watch, but they will. Even if a tiny minority who would otherwise have watched don’t, millions more definitely will watch The Masters because Tiger is playing.

I have a great idea

Put Woods on the red button so that those that just want to watch him can do

And then put all the other players and the rest of the tournament on the main channel so that those that want to watch the actual tournament can do so

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Watching him on a stream hitting driver (TM Stealth). 300 yard carry on a few shots.

Whatever you think about Tiger (and there's things I don't like) his determination to come back from that injury is pretty impressive. I guess that's not the way he wanted his career to finish, andthat might have been motivation enough.

If he were to win I think we can all stop watching golf knowing we've seen it all. He most probably won't win, but then if anyone can, he can, especially round Augusta. Apparently he's hitting it well.

Springveldt

Visit site
Tiger has announced he is planning to play (as if he wasn't after showing up and playing practice rounds). He must be happy with his game to have this as his first event back, can't see him teeing it up if he thinks he's no shot of making the cut.

He's 40/1 with Paddy Power who are giving 1/5 EW and EW is top 10. So, 8/1 he finishes top 10, might throw away a tenner on that.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't want to see Tiger to the detriment of seeing everyone else.
Somehow, if he p,ays, I feel I may not see much of this Masters..
Coverage might be different after the 1st 2 rounds.;)
Though I think that if he's decided to play, he'll be good enough to make the cut.

AAC

Visit site
Tiger has announced he is planning to play (as if he wasn't after showing up and playing practice rounds). He must be happy with his game to have this as his first event back, can't see him teeing it up if he thinks he's no shot of making the cut.

He's 40/1 with Paddy Power who are giving 1/5 EW and EW is top 10. So, 8/1 he finishes top 10, might throw away a tenner on that.

What are the odds on him not making the cut ?