Will Scorecards For Comps Soon Be Redundant?

peld

Visit site
Interesting issue occurred in our Wed Stableford at my club this week. I dashed to the tee swapped score cards with my playing partner (who wasn't in the Comp), declared that I was in the Comp & proceeded to play. Halfway round in a hailstorm we hid in the Halfway House where my playing partner told me I had 17 points on the front nine. I hadn't looked at my phone since leaving the car park so looked to see if I'd actually booked in on HDID. I hadn't!
My partner said it wouldn't matter as I declared entry on the 1st Tee & he had scored my round accordingly.
I received a snooty email from the Club Captain with a cc to the Secretary & Vice-Captain admonishing me for failing to log-in before my round, with the inference I was cheating in doing so. I explained the above to them & scanned my signed card (attached) only for them to DQ me from the Comp & delete my round for handicap purposes!

Beware, the online Police are after us...:unsure:
shouldnt you have got 3 points on the 3rd (SI3) hole with your par?? perhaps they DQ'd you for signing for a wrong score!

NearHull

Visit site
Interesting issue occurred in our Wed Stableford at my club this week. I dashed to the tee swapped score cards with my playing partner (who wasn't in the Comp), declared that I was in the Comp & proceeded to play. Halfway round in a hailstorm we hid in the Halfway House where my playing partner told me I had 17 points on the front nine. I hadn't looked at my phone since leaving the car park so looked to see if I'd actually booked in on HDID. I hadn't!
My partner said it wouldn't matter as I declared entry on the 1st Tee & he had scored my round accordingly.
I received a snooty email from the Club Captain with a cc to the Secretary & Vice-Captain admonishing me for failing to log-in before my round, with the inference I was cheating in doing so. I explained the above to them & scanned my signed card (attached) only for them to DQ me from the Comp & delete my round for handicap purposes

Isn’t sheltering from weather an issue?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The sketch was written by Tim Brooke-Taylor, John Cleese, Graham Chapman and Marty Feldman and originally performed on their TV series At Last the 1948 Show in 1967.

Lived in Wakefield from 1967 to 1971 so perhaps I could play one of the parts of the four golfers.

Golf Monthly’s Take on four Yorkshireman aka Four golfers.
1, Voyager EMH aka Obadiah.
Insert name above, must have a Yorkshire link.
Choose your name Obadiah, Ezekiel, Josiah, and Hezekiah;
?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Tablet at the back of every green. As you walk off, it knows it's you from your retina scan, you tell it how many shots you have taken. Anything over net double, it laughs at you. If appropriate, it tells you to get a "blankety blank" move on!! On the 18th it tells you how you did and updates the newly reinstated CONGU Handicap System. WHS of course was abandoned following the PCC/Course Rating riots of 2026.

It's the future. You heard it here first.

Nah. Every club and ball will have sensors that automatically calculate your score as you play.

tobybarker

Visit site
Why is this a major problem?

If you are winning a football match 2-0 with 5 minutes to go, you can play conservative to see out time to win. In pretty much every sport you know what the score is. In professional golf there are scoreboards all over the course. In match play you know the score. I cannot fathom why knowing the score is a problem.
Because it's an advantage not open to those without a phone or the ability to use one? (If you see it as an advantage, of course)