DQ for not returning card.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Off course at 8.05 you said, left bar at 8.40 you said, got home at 9pm you said, tired to enter score at 9.15 you said. I apologise of the intervening 15 minutes didn't involve pipe & slippers, however your 8.30 closing of comp was well after you were finished, so it's not in any way ridiculous to suggest that the h'cap sec closes the comp at that time.
Golf clubs would not last long if members had to leave straight away to go home to input their scores as there is no way to do it at the club without a smartphone.
At my age it takes me 15 mins to put my clubs / trolley in the garage then put my battery on charge.:(
Does that cover the time missing.

I disagree four hours from tee off to DQ.! Really.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Golf clubs would not last long if members had to leave straight away to go home to input their scores as there is no way to do it at the club without a smartphone.
At my age it takes me 15 mins to put my clubs / trolley in the garage then put my battery on charge.:(
Does that cover the time missing.

I disagree four hours from tee off to DQ.! Really.
You were last out, you had half an hour to enter your score, it's literally in the rules that you post your score without undue delay.

If there's no option to input at the club that's a seperate issue entirely

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not being able to restart a PSI between Friday afternoon and Monday morning is a ludicrous situation to be in.

I think you are forgetting what was said or putting your own interpretation as to what was said

I have never said the PSI could be down from Friday afternoon to Monday Morning.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You were last out, you had half an hour to enter your score, it's literally in the rules that you post your score without undue delay.

If there's no option to input at the club that's a seperate issue entirely
Unless you have a smartphone !!
There is no way to upload your score at the club.
I thought I made that perfectly clear.
Even if I had left straight away I would not be home in time to ( before 8.30pm)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a Scottish Golf problem, I've been banging my head against a brick wall all season trying to get these suits to accept that we are far from ready for a smartphone only solution, they are not listening
That’s what we have but you think I am wrong about my DQ.
As I had to go home to upload my score as I don’t have a smartphone.

wjemather

Visit site
I think you are forgetting what was said or putting your own interpretation as to what was said

I have never said the PSI could be down from Friday afternoon to Monday Morning.
My only interpretation was taking "at weekends" to mean "from Friday afternoon" (on the assumption that your office staff work a "normal 9-5", this is a reasonable interpretation)...

From your post #38 "We often 'lose' our PSI screens and at weekends they cannot be set up again until Monday morning as the "reset switch" is in the office and those people with admin privileges to reset at the PSI would not be working."

Last edited:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Unless you have a smartphone !!
There is no way to upload your score at the club.
I thought I made that perfectly clear.
Even if I had left straight away I would not be home in time to ( before 8.30pm)
You did, my response was perfectly clear

"If there's no option to input at the club that's a seperate issue entirely"

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a Scottish Golf problem, I've been banging my head against a brick wall all season trying to get these suits to accept that we are far from ready for a smartphone only solution, they are not listening

What's the SG problem? There is a simple and easily met need for players to be able to return a score by card. There's nothing prohibiting that.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You did, my response was perfectly clear

"If there's no option to input at the club that's a seperate issue entirely"

I think that is the whole issue.
The club has created a system where all scores have to be entered via the app.
The op can't do that at the club so has to go home to do that and that takes time...time the club haven't given him.
Finish your round, sign your card and pop it in the box on the way to the bar, nothing could be simpler.
It's worked for decades, stop fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I think that is the whole issue.
The club has created a system where all scores have to be entered via the app.
The op can't do that at the club so has to go home to do that and that takes time...time the club haven't given him.
Finish your round, sign your card and pop it in the box on the way to the bar, nothing could be simpler.
It's worked for decades, stop fixing stuff that isn't broken.
Amen to that, we've gone back to compulsory filling in of scorecards, and entering scores in the clubhouse as the SG App isn;t up to the task, and despite numerous clubs complaining of the same issue, SG want to pin the blame on clubs & users when it is clearly an App issue.