Printing Labels for Scorecards

NearHull

Visit site
I have previously created labels to be attached to the top of scorecards containing Date, Tee Time, Players Names for an Open event at our Club. It does save a bit of time rather than writing out entrant's names, tee times, competitor's names etc. We think its a nice touch to have cards ready for Open entrants. However, the method that I have used is quite a convoluted method, involving the export of the tee sheet and data manipulation within .xls.

We use BRS for tee booking and ClubV1 for Competition Management and I can't find any scorecard label printing facility in either software. We would like to use such a label printing system more often, but the workload is a bit painful using my ad hoc method. Does anyone know of a propriety software that could do this for us, or perhaps another Forummer has built such a solution?

wjemather

Visit site
I have previously created labels to be attached to the top of scorecards containing Date, Tee Time, Players Names for an Open event at our Club. It does save a bit of time rather than writing out entrant's names, tee times, competitor's names etc. We think its a nice touch to have cards ready for Open entrants. However, the method that I have used is quite a convoluted method, involving the export of the tee sheet and data manipulation within .xls.

We use BRS for tee booking and ClubV1 for Competition Management and I can't find any scorecard label printing facility in either software. We would like to use such a label printing system more often, but the workload is a bit painful using my ad hoc method. Does anyone know of a propriety software that could do this for us, or perhaps another Forummer has built such a solution?
ClubV1 prints scorecard labels through the booking tab of the competition (enable booking and configure the tee sheet through the competition wizard). They are not particularly well designed, but are functional.

If BRS and ClubV1 are linked and fields are mapped correctly then you can import the start sheet from BRS and just setup any visitors manually; otherwise you will need to enter everyone manually.

The small labels (for individual comps) are a proprietary size that can only be purchased from Club Systems, but the medium and large labels (for pairs and teams of 3/4) are standard sizes that can be purchased from usual retailers. A further word of warning - the large labels are excessively big and need to be folded over the edge of many scorecards to avoid obscuring other details.

NearHull

Visit site
ClubV1 prints scorecard labels through the booking tab of the competition (enable booking and configure the tee sheet through the competition wizard). They are not particularly well designed, but are functional.

If BRS and ClubV1 are linked and fields are mapped correctly then you can import the start sheet from BRS and just setup any visitors manually; otherwise you will need to enter everyone manually.

The small labels (for individual comps) are a proprietary size that can only be purchased from Club Systems, but the medium and large labels (for pairs and teams of 3/4) are standard sizes that can be purchased from usual retailers. A further word of warning - the large labels are excessively big and need to be folded over the edge of many scorecards to avoid obscuring other details.
Many thanks for the information, we will try to make it work for us. Do you happen to know the ClubV1 label size?

LizAig

Visit site
We couldn’t make labels print using club v1 with a label printer (DYMO I think)! We use a normal pc, not a club V1 touch screen, so not sure if that’s why! We set the labels up and can manually print out a label - we’ve enabled all relevant settings but it just doesn’t work when people sign in! Very frustrating.

binnbhui

Visit site
Interested to get this working on our PC. We use the Clubv1 provided PSI Touch screen, but didnt purchase printer.

Can I purchase a Dymo label printer and have it working along side it.

If i purchased the printer, and set up mandatory sign in on PSi before play, once they have signed in can I have it print there label with name, comp name, date, and hcap?

Saw it operating in another local club, they also use ClubV1 for Competition mangement but BRS for tee booking.

LizAig

Visit site
We had someone from Club v1 at the club last week - he said the printer we had wouldn’t work but the model below that one would have worked but only for a single person label, not teams. We are going to get their printer - I think it will make life much easier especially for those who struggle with technology. It’s going to be connected to our current PC and they’ve said it will work fine.

If you ring them they’ll let you know which ones work. I think their one costs around 350

Yes - it will print everything you need. We aren’t going to make it mandatory to sign in at the club so they get a label but will see how it goes. If you sign in on app you don’t get a label!

binnbhui

Visit site
Yeah the single person option would suffice for us. Would you know which version is compatable?
Pretty steep for a printer, as it wouldnt add 350e in value to us unfortunately - only save some small admin issues we are having around signing in.

Thanks for your help!

LizAig

Visit site
I didn’t buy the printer so I can’t remember - I think ours is dymo 5500 (or similar) and he said 4400 (or similar would have worked). We could get it all set up and it would display a screen like it was about to print but then we just got gobbledygook on the label.id phone so you don’t waste money like we did!! TBH a member bought it off their own back so it didn’t cost the club!!

We know the label printer won’t bring in any income as such but we felt it’s more of a morale booster for members as we often hear how impressed they are by this function when at other clubs.