Scorecards for WHS (what to include)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A query ...

Other than for what one might call "souvenir value", do you actually need course rating and slope rating on the card?

1. Course rating can be used by potential visitors to assess the courses difficulty to par.
2. Course rating ( as adjusted by a Playing Conditions Calculation) is still used to workout the nett differential.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
1. Course rating can be used by potential visitors to assess the courses difficulty to par.
2. Course rating ( as adjusted by a Playing Conditions Calculation) is still used to workout the nett differential.
Just like standard scratch really.

Not sure I've ever used SSS as a reason for playing a course or not.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
But of those, No.1 definitely falls into what I'm calling "souvenir value". And presumably, No.2 is an "office function" - ie dealt with after cards are returned (and not of any practical value to the process of completing the card?)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What was para 2) in post #23 about when post #22 asked "Other than for what one might call "souvenir value", do you actually need course rating and slope rating on the card? "

The PCC isn't known until all the day's cards have been posted. So how can it go on the player's card?

Did you misread Course Rating as Playing Condition Calculation?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No. Given the the question was about what should be on the card "Course rating ( as adjusted by a Playing Conditions Calculation)" rather confused me.

The question posed the that elicited that reply was

A query ...

Other than for what one might call "souvenir value", do you actually need course rating and slope rating on the card?

one could argue that Course Rating does not actually need to be on the card.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Many apologies for my stupidity. I was lying in bed last night, my brain processing and de-cluttering the day. The clarity of what I'd written plus the clarity of your replies suddenly fell into place ?. Having not swapped a card for 5 months my brain went into tunnel vision mode and I couldn't see outside of that.

Ignore my posts, I'm shuffling away feeling very foolish.

There is no place for humility on this forum. Never admit when you're wrong, just keep pecking away. If all else fail, highlight speeling and grandma errors.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is no place for humility on this forum. Never admit when you're wrong, just keep pecking away. If all else fail, highlight speeling and grandma errors.
For future reference, does going CAPITAL LETTERS also help in a shouting style of distraction?

I do appreciate you spelling and grammar suggestion, a schoolboy error of mine not to go down that route :rolleyes: