Will Scorecards For Comps Soon Be Redundant?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've no doubt they'll be around for a long time yet, so I'm not sure what you're getting at
Does it really bother you that much that there may be the option to use your phone to score in the future ?
I never said it did bother me, all I said was this thread reminded me of a story about creating a complex solution to a simple problem.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Just finished reading this thread and I can't remember anyone putting this argument forward for continuing to use paper cards.

At our club we come in from the course in consecutive groups, some of us go to put our clubs into the car/locker first, and some go straight to the terminal. So when we get there we are often mixing with players we didn't play with, and we have a natter about how the day went.

It doesn't take a lot of time to transfer the scores from the cards to the terminal, and it is part of the social part of playing the game for us.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
You only need 18 terminals.

Golfers can tap in scores as they go round, on the tee for the next hole and walking off the last.

Signing in is easy, use membership tag as RFID on a bungee.

Marker taps to confirm. So all done in three taps.

Scorer taps tag, scorer taps score, marker taps to confirm.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Golfers can tap in scores as they go round, on the tee for the next hole and walking off the last.

If you are a crazy golf course on the promenade with power already in place it may work,but on a course that’s quite spread out how do you power those terminals you talk of? The set up costs would probably be prohibitive when you consider the cost of years worth of the simple score card.

sunshine

Visit site

An iPad on each tee? There was a poster from Liverpool complaining about people stealing golf balls a while ago. How long would these score entry devices last? I've seen people trying to steal security protected devices in carphone warehouse so no chance on a golf course :ROFLMAO:

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
This was an interesting read, how many of you are now using mobile phone entry? Do you still hanker for a card and a rummage for a pencil?
Are you looking forward to the good old days of losing your scorecard and probably asking for the flag to be tended ;)

NearHull

Visit site
This was an interesting read, how many of you are now using mobile phone entry? Do you still hanker for a card and a rummage for a pencil?
Are you looking forward to the good old days of losing your scorecard and probably asking for the flag to be tended ;)
I’m hoping that we can move forward to getting rid of the need for physical cards,

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I’m hoping that we can move forward to getting rid of the need for physical cards,
A major problem for not having scorecards is this. On the IG app you see how the scoring is going, you can see who is winning, you can see how many points you need after 15,16 holes to win. You can play conservative Just to win. With a card and scores entered in the clubhouse you cannot.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
A major problem for not having scorecards is this. On the IG app you see how the scoring is going, you can see who is winning, you can see how many points you need after 15,16 holes to win. You can play conservative Just to win. With a card and scores entered in the clubhouse you cannot.
Would live to hear an explanation of why you feel this is a problem, it's certainly net seen that way in the pro game