why would there be a Major difference in Club head speed and ball speeds???

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It has been known that my drives do head out toward that mark. At present I wouldn't know, I've not hit my driver since December, been practicing my wedges and technique to groove a decent swing path. It's my birthday coming up so I've booked a driver fitting, HID has promised me a new club, yippee :) So I'll have new big toy come the end of the month and good feeling of how far I'll be hitting it.

I know the yardage spacing of my clubs and 180 to 200 is my 7 to 6 iron

No, not Fatshafts, my irons are setup with Traction 85 stiff flex, golfpride corded multi compound grips with three layers of tape.

Whats the weak part of your game the?, i noticed in another post the you are around a 28 handicap. If you are hitting our drive close to 300 and a wedge is going 150, you would be reducing even the tough par 4's on my home course to drive a flick with a wedge?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
No problem... here's some smash factors from the PGA Tour... if you can better them then that's pretty well done by you!!

2009-Tour-Averages.JPG

NB. A 1.38 smash factor with a 6-iron gives them a CARRY of 183yds :p

A 1.38 smash factor AND a clubhead speed of 92mph, you mean. Some PGA Tour players, in fact 50% of them since this is an average, have faster clubhead speed that that but probably maintain their smash factor, hence hit it further.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
I know the yardage spacing of my clubs and 180 to 200 is my 7 to 6 iron

That is some monsterous hitting with a 7/6 iron although seeing the clubs you are using I'm not surprised in the slightest. Your 7 iron has 31 degrees of loft which is basically a 6 iron in my set of irons which I hit 190 (96mph clubhead speed).

I had a go with my dad's JPX800 6 iron when he first got them in summer and I measured how far it went using my sky caddie. It was a warm day & there was no wind, it was very slightly up hill (from our 14th fairway at Cavendish Golf Club) and it went 211 yards. Stronger lofts/spring face so basically another 20 yards past my own 6 iron.

As others have said though if you are hitting the ball that far with a 28 handicap then you must have some serious flaws in your game.