WHS working well for me

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Edit: I'm using the golfpad app and I've marked all my shots so it's rightly counted 9, but I guess I should just scrub some of them off and put it down as a 7, so it works out the net score correctly.

Thanks!

?

You can only do this in a stableford comp,

When you reach the score at which you would score zero points in a stableford comp you do not need to write in any score or you can put in a 0 or NR it is all the same for handicap purposes. (You also do not need to complete the hole when you reach that point).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I shot 80 off the whites yesterday but I only dropped from 15.6 to 15.0. Disappointing, I was hoping it would go to 14. Still a guessing game.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Absolutely not, you put down the number of shots you took on the hole, the nett double bogey adjustment os for handicap purposes worked out by the computer afterwards.

I think this was my confusion. I always put my total score but thought the app should put the score for handicap purposes and not just the net score.

Mandofred

Visit site
I really haven't been paying attention to the details.....just letting things fall where they will as far as handicap calculations. But.....yesterday I put in a score from a social round.....I was on 7.2 and playing 8 at Knaresborough. It was an ok round and was 10 over. Wake up this morning and I'm dropped to 7.0 and on the graph they have it down as 8 over for yesterdays score. Mystery to me.....

Swango1980

Visit site
I really haven't been paying attention to the details.....just letting things fall where they will as far as handicap calculations. But.....yesterday I put in a score from a social round.....I was on 7.2 and playing 8 at Knaresborough. It was an ok round and was 10 over. Wake up this morning and I'm dropped to 7.0 and on the graph they have it down as 8 over for yesterdays score. Mystery to me.....
Did you have any bad holes? They'd be rounded down to nett double bogey.

wjemather

Visit site
The graph shows Score Differentials, which are your standardised score relative to the Course Rating after taking Slope into account. The best 8 of your most recent 20 SDs are averaged to produce your Handicap Index.

For this round, your SD was 8.8, which must now be one of your best 8 and resulted in your HI coming down.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

In case you do not know how to work it out

Score Differential = (113 ÷Slope Rating) x (adjusted gross score –Course Rating – (0.5 x PCC adjustment))

Hence your score differential of 8.8

It is then simply a case of seeing if this differential has become one of your 8 knocking out a score which was higher in your previous 8. It does not have to be the the 21st.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
nett 64 (gross 74) and a medal win gets me to 7.3

never thought i'd ever be good enough to get to single figures with my driving distance but a great short game has got me to my goal.

next on the list is to break par.... have a feeling that will be one step too many :LOL: unless i have a growth spurt at 32 or hit the gym to gain 105-110 swing speed

wjemather

Visit site
nett 64 (gross 74) and a medal win gets me to 7.3

never thought i'd ever be good enough to get to single figures with my driving distance but a great short game has got me to my goal.

next on the list is to break par.... have a feeling that will be one step too many :LOL: unless i have a growth spurt at 32 or hit the gym to gain 105-110 swing speed
The real challenge is to beat the Course Rating.

You can manipulate breaking par by finding an easy short course (i.e. one with a Course Rating that is many strokes under par, and maybe a sub-100 Slope Rating). There are a few courses local to me with a CR of more than 4 under par from some of the tees.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I put a card in yesterday...score diff of 10.5
The card that dropped off was a 14.6 and a non-counter
I already had a 10.5 diff as one of my 8 and yesterday's card has replaced that as a counting score...
No change to handicap but why did the 2nd 10.5 replace the first 10.5 ..?
They are the worst scores of my best 8..
All I can think of is that the first 10.5 was shot from an index of 7.6 whereas the 2nd from an index of 7.0.
But if the score diff is the same.............???

Swango1980

Visit site
I put a card in yesterday...score diff of 10.5
The card that dropped off was a 14.6 and a non-counter
I already had a 10.5 diff as one of my 8 and yesterday's card has replaced that as a counting score...
No change to handicap but why did the 2nd 10.5 replace the first 10.5 ..?
They are the worst scores of my best 8..
All I can think of is that the first 10.5 was shot from an index of 7.6 whereas the 2nd from an index of 7.0.
But if the score diff is the same.............???
It will keep the most recent one, as that will take the longest to drop off your last 20 rounds