WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Swango1980

Visit site
Your h'cap sec has to set up the individual 9 hole courses on the WHS (and maybe V1?). A minimum of 10 scores must be played for an 18 hole round.

You can get the 9 hole information here. Just enter your club name

https://www.randa.org/worldhandicapsystem/Lookup
I don't have admin rights for Club V1. How do I know whether a person has played a 9 hole round, or walked in after 9 on an 18 hole round? Does howdidido just give players a different course to register on?

NearHull

Visit site
I don't have admin rights for Club V1. How do I know whether a person has played a 9 hole round, or walked in after 9 on an 18 hole round? Does howdidido just give players a different course to register on?
The HowDidIDo App gives you a choice of all the courses that have been set up in ClubV1 when you select a General Play Round.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The HowDidIDo App gives you a choice of all the courses that have been set up in ClubV1 when you select a General Play Round.
That includes each 9 of an 18 hole course separately.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can club just insist rounds for handicap must be 18 holes? I wonder how many courses have the system set up for 9 holes?
No, it is my understanding that members must have the opportunity to participate in 9 hole qualifying events either casual or comps. Very easy to set up once EG has relevant info.

They will give you the necessary slope and HI conversion material for it to be set up on V1.

Swango1980

Visit site
No, it is my understanding that members must have the opportunity to participate in 9 hole qualifying events either casual or comps. Very easy to set up once EG has relevant info.

They will give you the necessary slope and HI conversion material for it to be set up on V1.
Why couldn't they have set it up at the same time they set up the 18 hole courses then?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Info required. We use pre printed labels for most of our comps.
What I would like to do is to have the ability to actually print the comp label on the day when individuals sign up.
Does anyone do this?
What printer do they use?
Is it easy to set up.

wjemather

Visit site
Why couldn't they have set it up at the same time they set up the 18 hole courses then?
Courses (and tee sets/markers) were initially entered on WHS by clubs themselves last June/July, so any missing tees are down to the clubs, probably a result of lack of adequate communication/understanding. Since October, only EG have been able to make additions/changes.

wjemather

Visit site
In a mixed match, are the difference between equalizer shots based on CR or Slope

ie

white - CR 71.5. Slope 131
Red - CR 72. Slope 135
It's the difference in Course Ratings, unrounded and added to the unrounded allowance to produce the rounded Playing Handicap.

In your example those playing from Red tees would receive a 0.5 adjustment in the Playing Handicap calculation.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Question regarding 9-hole rounds.

We are an 18 hole course, with all the usual ratings for handicap. Now, I saw somewhere a slope rating and course rating for 9 holes (maybe on the original certificate), but this information is not in the Club V1 software (or WHS as far as I am aware)

A player has today submitted a score with ONLY the front 9 played. She also entered it on howdidido, with the back 9 just left as zero. This has not been submitted to CDH (presumably because the minimum holes have not been played for an 18-hole round.

Should this card be acceptable for handicap? If so, how can it be processed practically as a 9 hole round? If not, I can just get back to her to inform her 18 hole rounds are required at our club.
The certificates we have are 9 and 18 holes on the same document.

To activate it EG need to define the 9 hole course and load it onto the platform - can take a while.

Once activated to define the 9 hole course, you just add another course in the definition in Club V1 and link it to the activated course on the EG Platform. In V1 you will need to add the relevant tees, yardages, pars and SI's as usual.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Does anybody know how to load a disqualified round on the EG Platform? I can see how to load a penalty score but do I just ignore the fact he was disqualified when entering the score.

wjemather

Visit site
Does anybody know how to load a disqualified round on the EG Platform? I can see how to load a penalty score but do I just ignore the fact he was disqualified when entering the score.
Yes, just enter the score as normal if it is acceptable (which would depend on the reason(s) for the DQ).