WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Swango1980

Visit site
Suspend the playing rights of persistent offenders. They'll soon remember they have actually got a memory. We have never had to go further than such a 'final warning' letter.
There are already one or 2 that are heading that way then.

I sent out several e-mails over the last year, and there are instructions on the noticeboards. However, I've had one guy who has pre-registered minutes before score entry on 4 occasions in a month, despite an e-mail telling him not to (which was read). I've had several players who have no returned several times. Excuses are: Sorry, forgot to enter score or I entered it on howdidido, no idea why it is not there

It is a nightmare, but I don't want to start suspending handicaps just yet. I know some members have difficulties with both technology and their memories (some are quite advanced in years, and I suspect some have more reason to have memory lapses than others)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are already one or 2 that are heading that way then.

I sent out several e-mails over the last year, and there are instructions on the noticeboards. However, I've had one guy who has pre-registered minutes before score entry on 4 occasions in a month, despite an e-mail telling him not to (which was read). I've had several players who have no returned several times. Excuses are: Sorry, forgot to enter score or I entered it on howdidido, no idea why it is not there

It is a nightmare, but I don't want to start suspending handicaps just yet. I know some members have difficulties with both technology and their memories (some are quite advanced in years, and I suspect some have more reason to have memory lapses than others)
You only have to suspend their caps for a week as shot across the bows or just suspend their playing rights for a couple of weekends. Bite the bullet.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I think HDID will be forced to change to ensure registration and scores will need to be entered on-site. Thus the option for doing it at home will disappear.

Just been in conversation with our handicap sec who mentioned...

I played with a new guy yesterday that said that the group he plays with often wait until they are back in the club house to register their intent and then put the score in when they get home 2 hours later.

I sincerely hope you are right Mike.

Swango1980

Visit site

I played with a new guy yesterday that said that the group he plays with often wait until they are back in the club house to register their intent and then put the score in when they get home 2 hours later.

I strongly suspect this will happen at ours, especially as golfers realise their scores get deleted when they sign in moments before entering score.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our ladies h'cap sec checks that sign in times are before BRS booked time. Exactly what she does I don't know.
All players must use HDID and BRS. There are no 'turn up' free times.

wjemather

Visit site
Our ladies h'cap sec checks that sign in times are before BRS booked time. Exactly what she does I don't know.
All players must use HDID and BRS. There are no 'turn up' free times.
We do exactly that - check intent registration times against booked tee slots; anything that doesn't correlate gets followed-up/deleted.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
An announcement by HM. This may apply to other ISVs

• NOTE: Currently, we believe the following issue may be limited to clubs in England. We will amend this posting if this scope of this problem turns out to affect clubs outside of England too.
We have become aware of an issue when HandicapMaster and Player Entry requests a list of players whose Handicap indexes have recently been updated by England Golf, from the England Golf WHS Platform, not all updated Handicap Indexes are being supplied by the England Golf server.

However, when viewed on the WHS platform, player's Handicap Indexes are shown as updated.

We have raised an urgent support call with DotGolf International, the WHS service provider.

To ensure that you have a full list of up-to-date Handicap Indexes, in HandicapMaster, please select HANDICAPPING drop-down menu, then DOWNLOAD LATEST MEMBER HANDICAPS.

We are sure this is an issue with the WHS service, and not related to the HandicapMaster software update released today!

wjemather

Visit site
An announcement by HM. This may apply to other ISVs

• NOTE: Currently, we believe the following issue may be limited to clubs in England. We will amend this posting if this scope of this problem turns out to affect clubs outside of England too.
We have become aware of an issue when HandicapMaster and Player Entry requests a list of players whose Handicap indexes have recently been updated by England Golf, from the England Golf WHS Platform, not all updated Handicap Indexes are being supplied by the England Golf server.

However, when viewed on the WHS platform, player's Handicap Indexes are shown as updated.

We have raised an urgent support call with DotGolf International, the WHS service provider.

To ensure that you have a full list of up-to-date Handicap Indexes, in HandicapMaster, please select HANDICAPPING drop-down menu, then DOWNLOAD LATEST MEMBER HANDICAPS.

We are sure this is an issue with the WHS service, and not related to the HandicapMaster software update released today!
This was always going to be an issue at some point. The same or similar was happening with ClubV1 late last year when EG were constantly updating ratings, etc. Club Systems eventually put the time of their download back an hour or two.

Unlike HM, ClubV1 does not have the facility to sync the entire membership and I was told there are no plans to have such a facility (members need to be synchronised individually, and then the handicap list can be sent to HDID - which, according to the pop-up message, can take a couple of hours!!!).

Swango1980

Visit site
We do exactly that - check intent registration times against booked tee slots; anything that doesn't correlate gets followed-up/deleted.
No chance of doing that at our place. Tee bookings done by bar staff / owner, scribbled on a sheet, and never check able by Committee staff days after (from home). Even less likely when we go back to turn up and play, no need to book tee slot

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

In the Q&A with England Golf earlier this year they said they were in conversation with the ISVs on this.

Swango1980

Visit site
Can you tell me where on the EG database the times of registering and submitting are located please.
I don't think it does, I just don't think it allows a player to enter a score immediately after signing in. There is a window of a few hours, I'm sure someone will confirm the time frame.

I know players need to be near the course to sign in. Is the same true to enter scores?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't think it does, I just don't think it allows a player to enter a score immediately after signing in. There is a window of a few hours, I'm sure someone will confirm the time frame.

I know players need to be near the course to sign in. Is the same true to enter scores?

Dunno....I'll try it this afternoon evening.....got to go up the club for some non-golf matters so I'll register for a round and then try to enter a score later on in the evening when at home.

Swango1980

Visit site
Question regarding 9-hole rounds.

We are an 18 hole course, with all the usual ratings for handicap. Now, I saw somewhere a slope rating and course rating for 9 holes (maybe on the original certificate), but this information is not in the Club V1 software (or WHS as far as I am aware)

A player has today submitted a score with ONLY the front 9 played. She also entered it on howdidido, with the back 9 just left as zero. This has not been submitted to CDH (presumably because the minimum holes have not been played for an 18-hole round.

Should this card be acceptable for handicap? If so, how can it be processed practically as a 9 hole round? If not, I can just get back to her to inform her 18 hole rounds are required at our club.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Question regarding 9-hole rounds.

We are an 18 hole course, with all the usual ratings for handicap. Now, I saw somewhere a slope rating and course rating for 9 holes (maybe on the original certificate), but this information is not in the Club V1 software (or WHS as far as I am aware)

A player has today submitted a score with ONLY the front 9 played. She also entered it on howdidido, with the back 9 just left as zero. This has not been submitted to CDH (presumably because the minimum holes have not been played for an 18-hole round.

Should this card be acceptable for handicap? If so, how can it be processed practically as a 9 hole round? If not, I can just get back to her to inform her 18 hole rounds are required at our club.
Your h'cap sec has to set up the individual 9 hole courses on the WHS (and maybe V1?). A minimum of 10 scores must be played for an 18 hole round.

You can get the 9 hole information here. Just enter your club name

https://www.randa.org/worldhandicapsystem/Lookup

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your h'cap sec has to set up the individual 9 hole courses on the WHS (and maybe V1?). A minimum of 10 scores must be played for an 18 hole round.

You can get the 9 hole information here. Just enter your club name

https://www.randa.org/worldhandicapsystem/Lookup

Using Handicapmaster I had to set up all the 9-hole combinations on WHS using the CR data and then had to download those scorecards into the Handicapmaster software.