WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

wjemather

Visit site
Nothing pops up on our PSI
I'm not at the club today so can't check on the PSI, but I've verified HDID (both app and web) which display the prompt:
"You have entered 0 (zero) score for this hole, please specify which action you have taken.​
Note: You may only select Did Not Play for valid reasons within the rules of WHS including, but not limited to, fading light, injury/illness or a hole declared out of play by the Committee, etc.​
[Did Not Play]​
[Played But Did Not Score]"​

IanMcC

Visit site
I set up a test comp on ClubV1 today, and tried to enter scores via HDID. There is no pop up there either. I think I need co contact ClubV1.

wjemather

Visit site
I set up a test comp on ClubV1 today, and tried to enter scores via HDID. There is no pop up there either. I think I need co contact ClubV1.
I'm with you now. It's the same for me - works as it should for casual/general play rounds but not for competitions.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm with you now. It's the same for me - works as it should for casual/general play rounds but not for competitions.
Don't you have the option of indicating whether a comp is 'qualifying' or not? I am no longer involved in setting up comps but talking to our ladies comp sec a few hours ago I got the impression you did. Would/does this make a difference?

wjemather

Visit site
Don't you have the option of indicating whether a comp is 'qualifying' or not? I am no longer involved in setting up comps but talking to our ladies comp sec a few hours ago I got the impression you did. Would/does this make a difference?
Yes, the Q/NQ option is still there, but it makes no difference to score entry.
I've had the following response from CSICare: "Our Development Team are reviewing the DNP options and will hopefully get this added in an upcoming ClubV1 update."

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
When a comp is set up you do set it up as either a Q or NQ
Because of circumstances my question has changed.
The ladies comp sec set a comp as a 'qualifier'. It was to be played yesterday. Because of course conditions (flooded greens, fairways & bunkers) it was declared to be a non-q, However the status was not corrected and V1 scores were uploaded during the day to WHS as they were entered. The status of the comp was changed late last night but that did not affect WHS. How can these scores be removed from WHS? Can the whole comp be 'deleted' or can in individual player's record be removed? I see there is a 'delete' option on the players record display.

Swango1980

Visit site
The ladies comp sec set a comp as a 'qualifier'. It was to be played yesterday. Because of course conditions (flooded greens, fairways & bunkers) it was declared to be a non-q, However the status was not corrected and V1 scores were uploaded during the day to WHS as they were entered. The status of the comp was changed late last night but that did not affect WHS. How can these scores be removed from WHS? Can the whole comp be 'deleted' or can in individual player's record be removed? I see there is a 'delete' option on the players record display.
Not sure about comps. But, I know that if I delete a player's general play score on Club V1, it is also removed on WHS.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Can be deleted off the EG DB if @Swango1980 idea doesn't work however, if the course was considered fit enough to play on there could be an argument under who's authority was the terms of the comp changed?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The HandicapSec and I have just had an interesting email exchange with one of our members over an unsatisfied score intent from yesterday.

We noticed this morning that the player had an unsatisfied score intent and knowing that he was someone who had used the England Golf app several times before without issue, sent him an email asking if he had a problem.

He responded that he couldn't get the App to bring up names of players to attest his score but would keep trying.

Later on we noticed the unsatisfied score intent had disappeared off his record so we emailed him to say it had gone and that he'd obviously solved his problem.

His reply was a bit alarming..."no, I still couldn't get it to work so I deleted the round"!!!

We are now trying to find out HOW the player deleted his scoring intent because if players are able to do that then the system is a mess!!!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was able to delete the records via the WHS platform. HIs reverted to where they were before. I'm now waiting to see what happens in HDID overnight.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The HandicapSec and I have just had an interesting email exchange with one of our members over an unsatisfied score intent from yesterday.

We noticed this morning that the player had an unsatisfied score intent and knowing that he was someone who had used the England Golf app several times before without issue, sent him an email asking if he had a problem.

He responded that he couldn't get the App to bring up names of players to attest his score but would keep trying.

Later on we noticed the unsatisfied score intent had disappeared off his record so we emailed him to say it had gone and that he'd obviously solved his problem.

His reply was a bit alarming..."no, I still couldn't get it to work so I deleted the round"!!!

We are now trying to find out HOW the player deleted his scoring intent because if players are able to do that then the system is a mess!!!

Apparently its dead easy to delete a score intent.

In the scorecards section of the App just hold your finger on the round and slide right (or left) and it comes up with "Delete Scorecard"....and asks you to enter a reason why you want to delete the score intent.

This makes a total utter mockery of the entire system.....pre-register a round and if you don't like the score you can delete it.

The only saving grace is that there is a report in the WHS system that allows you to see how many times a player has deleted a score intent (funnily enough....I'm the current leader at my club with 4.....but that's only because I've set up dummy rounds to test and demonstrate to folks how things work).

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The MyEnglandGolf app.

Is it me of are we in a parallel universe regarding General Play rounds? I am trying to ensure we have people sign-in, enter their score and submit their cards using our ISV system (Club V1).

I see the latest missive from EG encouraging players to use the app for both GP and Away rounds and I can't see any way for us to manage this process. I get that the app controls location / attestation but the only indication I get to see whether a round has been played is to scan the daily scores report. This gives no indication of source of entry as the "entered by" column is always the club name. I know this isn't true as I can see visitor scores which haven't been loaded via our system - so we are flying blind.

In view of many of the other comments in this thread and the fact that GP scores are approx 33% of all scores submitted at our club I feel we are in an impossible position.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the process to the point it doesn't seem worth carrying on checking scores and just let it rip!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The MyEnglandGolf app.

Is it me of are we in a parallel universe regarding General Play rounds? I am trying to ensure we have people sign-in, enter their score and submit their cards using our ISV system (Club V1).

I see the latest missive from EG encouraging players to use the app for both GP and Away rounds and I can't see any way for us to manage this process. I get that the app controls location / attestation but the only indication I get to see whether a round has been played is to scan the daily scores report. This gives no indication of source of entry as the "entered by" column is always the club name. I know this isn't true as I can see visitor scores which haven't been loaded via our system - so we are flying blind.

In view of many of the other comments in this thread and the fact that GP scores are approx 33% of all scores submitted at our club I feel we are in an impossible position.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the process to the point it doesn't seem worth carrying on checking scores and just let it rip!

Good post, have you thought of giving Gemma at EG an email outlining your concerns. I personally think that HC Secs should be feeding back all concerns and issues arising from the app.

wjemather

Visit site
Good post, have you thought of giving Gemma at EG an email outlining your concerns. I personally think that HC Secs should be feeding back all concerns and issues arising from the app.
The last few queries I have submitted the EG have received a very terse response directing me to go through county and regional advisors (despite making it clear I had already done that) - the clear message was that they are no longer dealing with direct enquiries.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last few queries I have submitted the EG have received a very terse response directing me to go through county and regional advisors (despite making it clear I had already done that) - the clear message was that they are no longer dealing with direct enquiries.
Yep got that so flooded the county Sec and county HC rep, soon got access as the IT ability of our HC rep is nil.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The MyEnglandGolf app.

You have my deepest sympathies and your position is much the same as our club Handicap Secretaries. We feed back our concerns to the relevant authorities but its a genuine surprise when we receive a response, let alone a coherent one that demonstrates understanding of the issue.

We've gone through our county and regional advisors and to be honest the best they can do really is to quote verbatim from the manual....when you tell them that in practice things operate differently from what the manual says then they are lost like a whale that's navigated wrongly up the River Thames.