WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
WHS DB Issue, I have two members with CDH No and HC Index showing on the WHS DB but cannot get the info synced to their ISV record (V1). Anyone having similar issues or any fixes. Spoke to ISV and EG and not surprisingly it’s the other persons fault.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
WHS DB Issue, I have two members with CDH No and HC Index showing on the WHS DB but cannot get the info synced to their ISV record (V1). Anyone having similar issues or any fixes. Spoke to ISV and EG and not surprisingly it’s the other persons fault.

Is their date of birth stored in the WHS portal? If there is no DoB then the WHS system wont update handicaps on the ISV platform. (that was our experience in the early days anyway - with Handicapmaster)

Swango1980

Visit site
Yep, that's what I don't get, DOB, Email and CDH all there on both records but don't appear to talk to each other.
In their Player Profile menu in Club V1, on top tab (player information I think), perhaps you need to set it to Home player with no handicap first, then save it? It may be linked to bug when setting a player up directly from Club V1, where I need to do this first, before I can set them up with a CDH

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hard Cap Question

We have a player who has hit their Hard Cap - no issue with his scoring just a total loss of form.

His low index is 14.6 which was set on 10th July 2020 (looking at his EG scoring record). He hit his Hard cap on 19/4/21 and has played 30 rounds since attaining his LI.

My question is what happens when he gets to 10th July 2021? Does his LI get reset automatically and keep doing so automatically as each historical round is reached?

If not should we be resetting his LI manually and if so to what level?

Swango1980

Visit site
Hard Cap Question

We have a player who has hit their Hard Cap - no issue with his scoring just a total loss of form.

His low index is 14.6 which was set on 10th July 2020 (looking at his EG scoring record). He hit his Hard cap on 19/4/21 and has played 30 rounds since attaining his LI.

My question is what happens when he gets to 10th July 2021? Does his LI get reset automatically and keep doing so automatically as each historical round is reached?

If not should we be resetting his LI manually and if so to what level?
Surely, on 10th July 2020 his index then was 14.6. After 10th July 2020, at some point his Index will have increased (let us say it went to 14.8 on his next round. His LI would then become 14.8 from the date that next round was played, and so on. In other words, all LI is, is the lowest Index within the last 12 months

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Surely, on 10th July 2020 his index then was 14.6. After 10th July 2020, at some point his Index will have increased (let us say it went to 14.8 on his next round. His LI would then become 14.8 from the date that next round was played, and so on. In other words, all LI is, is the lowest Index within the last 12 months
Correct, 10 days later it went up to 15.2 and 5 days after that to 16.1. My question was whether the LI floats up automatically or whether I need to do anything to reset it.

Swango1980

Visit site
Correct, 10 days later it went up to 15.2 and 5 days after that to 16.1. My question was whether the LI floats up automatically or whether I need to do anything to reset it.
It will do it automatically. WHS has taken scores from Jan 2018, and I note from my record LI always updates, as it only looks back a full year.

It would need to be automatic anyway. No way any handicap sec can go through every members score, every day, to check if LI needs adjusted.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It will do it automatically. WHS has taken scores from Jan 2018, and I note from my record LI always updates, as it only looks back a full year.

It would need to be automatic anyway. No way any handicap sec can go through every members score, every day, to check if LI needs adjusted.
I'm sure your right - wasn't sure if it sets the LI to what it was 12 months ago or worked it forward to set it to today's value. The reason I ask is that my HI was it it's lowest in December 2020 and my LI was set to that level - not what is was 12 months ago which is logical I guess. Thus my LI will last for approx 18 months.

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm sure your right - wasn't sure if it sets the LI to what it was 12 months ago or worked it forward to set it to today's value. The reason I ask is that my HI was it it's lowest in December 2020 and my LI was set to that level - not what is was 12 months ago which is logical I guess. Thus my LI will last for approx 18 months.
It won't last 18 months, unless your index equals that low Index for 6 months.

Let us say your lowest index was 6.0 on December 2020, and therefore that became your new LI.

Then, in January 2021, your Index starts to increase, going up to 6.2, with LI remaining at 6.0.

In Jan 2022, your LI will increase from 6.0 to 6.2.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Some of you may remember me posting this about a PCC calculation being made retrospectively for a club comp when all the scores were entered the following day after the comp....

Our understanding of the PCC calculation was that for any given day, the PCC would be calculated at the end of the day, based solely on scores submitted that day (within the restrictions of what scores are allowed to contribute to the PCC). If no scores were submitted on that day then there would be no PCC calculation made. If a score was subsequently entered (e.g. on the following day) then because no PCC had been calculated for the previous day, no PCC adjustment would be applied to the score.

We had a strokeplay competition played yesterday. All scores for yesterdays competition were entered by a committee member this morning.

A PCC has been calculated for yesterdays competition and applied to players score differentials! This goes against my (and my handicap secretaries) understanding of how things were supposed to work. I can confirm that no other scores were entered yesterday that may have caused a PCC to have been made.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it something that the authorities have changed in "the background". Or is our understanding of how things work simply wrong?

We finally got an explanation from England Golf of why this occurred.

Essentially it boils down to....If, on any given day, no scores are entered and no PCC is calculated/triggered for that day, and then a batch of scores played on that given day are posted late (i.e. the next day), then the system WILL make a retrospective calculation of the PCC for those scores.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some of you may remember me posting this about a PCC calculation being made retrospectively for a club comp when all the scores were entered the following day after the comp....

Essentially it boils down to....If, on any given day, no scores are entered and no PCC is calculated/triggered for that day, and then a batch of scores played on that given day are posted late (i.e. the next day), then the system WILL make a retrospective calculation of the PCC for those scores.
Interesting.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

And if a/some other scores are entered....? (Then no PCC calculation is retrospectively calculated?)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
And if a/some other scores are entered....? (Then no PCC calculation is retrospectively calculated?)

Late returns have the PCC applied but don't affect the calculation. Presumably if no PCC was calculated for that day it calculates one. If any later scores come in after another day it is applied retrospectively but they also take no part in the calculation.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

If enough scores are submitted on the day in question to trigger a PCC calculation, then the bulk scores that are late have no effect on the calculation, but have the calculated PCC applied to them.

IanMcC

Visit site
We have ClubV1. On the PSI it does not seem possible to register a 'Did Not Play' at a selected hole. You can select a radio button on the Competition/Scores page of the web browser itself when entering scores, but this function does not seem to be available on PSI or HDID. Am I missing something?

wjemather

Visit site
We have ClubV1. On the PSI it does not seem possible to register a 'Did Not Play' at a selected hole. You can select a radio button on the Competition/Scores page of the web browser itself when entering scores, but this function does not seem to be available on PSI or HDID. Am I missing something?
When entering 0 for a hole, there should be a popup asking whether the hole was started or not?