WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know about other clubs but we are talking to some internal groups to see a) if they wish to be included and b) if they are prepared to provide proper supervisory processes. No takers so far.
It really does make you ask the question... "Why would you not want your scores to count towards your handicap?"
The replies/reasons/excuses can be endless but in the end it really is just a measure of where your game is, so think of it as that & perhaps, time to stop being so precious.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The report states “all courses” so I assumed it included away courses. Unfortunately the card I did away hit a glitch with IG and I’m still waiting for them to return the card So I can’t check.
"all courses" is often used when "all tees" is really meant.

Swango1980

Visit site
Very confusing Club V1 / howdidido issue when players entering scores after a competition.

When entering on phone, it used to be the default score was zero, and you moved the arrow button up to get your gross score. However, for the last few weeks / months, the default score is gross par, and you move the button up or down (or keep the same) to get the relevant score. If you blob a hole, for general play rounds if you change the score to zero, it askes if you started the hole or not. However, it does NOT ask this for a competition (as I blobbed a couple yesterday). It just lets you move on if you type zero. Now, this is not the issue, as it correctly gives me nett double (and perhaps if you don't start the hole, it asks you to type in *, but I cannot remember).

The confusing thing is the following. A member text me today to say his 3 blobs appear as nett Par on his WHS record. He told me that he entered scores on his phone. As he moved to each hole, the default score was zero. For his blobbed holes, he just left it at zero and moved on. His score was correct in the comp as expected, but his score wrong on WHS as by doing what he did, it must have assumed he never started the holes. Even more oddly, he has said he has also been presented with the screen before in which the default score is par (as it is for me), but yesterday for him the default scores were zero.

He is a fairly reliable witness, so I suspect there could well be something dodgy going on rather than him being an idiot. I checked all the other players in the field, and their scores on WHS seem fine.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very confusing Club V1 / howdidido issue when players entering scores after a competition.

When entering on phone, it used to be the default score was zero, and you moved the arrow button up to get your gross score. However, for the last few weeks / months, the default score is gross par, and you move the button up or down (or keep the same) to get the relevant score. If you blob a hole, for general play rounds if you change the score to zero, it askes if you started the hole or not. However, it does NOT ask this for a competition (as I blobbed a couple yesterday). It just lets you move on if you type zero. Now, this is not the issue, as it correctly gives me nett double (and perhaps if you don't start the hole, it asks you to type in *, but I cannot remember).

The confusing thing is the following. A member text me today to say his 3 blobs appear as nett Par on his WHS record. He told me that he entered scores on his phone. As he moved to each hole, the default score was zero. For his blobbed holes, he just left it at zero and moved on. His score was correct in the comp as expected, but his score wrong on WHS as by doing what he did, it must have assumed he never started the holes. Even more oddly, he has said he has also been presented with the screen before in which the default score is par (as it is for me), but yesterday for him the default scores were zero.

He is a fairly reliable witness, so I suspect there could well be something dodgy going on rather than him being an idiot. I checked all the other players in the field, and their scores on WHS seem fine.

Strange, if all the others are correct I would assume finger trouble.

Swango1980

Visit site
Strange, if all the others are correct I would assume finger trouble.
That is what I thought. But he described in detail what he did, and that he had to change every single score up from a default zero, except for his blob holes.

Maybe there is a wire connection wrong in his brain and he is thinking back to months ago, but he is a little young to be having memory issues I'd have thought.

You may be right, but was wondering if he had an older version of howdidido on his phone or something noddy like that (albeit I suspect the HDID app just links to whatever current version they have)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is what I thought. But he described in detail what he did, and that he had to change every single score up from a default zero, except for his blob holes.

Maybe there is a wire connection wrong in his brain and he is thinking back to months ago, but he is a little young to be having memory issues I'd have thought.

You may be right, but was wondering if he had an older version of howdidido on his phone or something noddy like that (albeit I suspect the HDID app just links to whatever current version they have)

Personally think that if it’s a comp try and get the majority to use the PSI, less room for error and people were quite happy to use it in the past.

Swango1980

Visit site
Personally think that if it’s a comp try and get the majority to use the PSI, less room for error and people were quite happy to use it in the past.
We will, though there are still a lot of people uncomfortable being inside club house for too long. And now they are used to using their phone, it will be hard to encourage them not to use it. A lot go straight home after finishing 18th, enter scores once they get home.

Incidentally, even if this player did have seem phone options as rest of us, any ideas how he could have put in a no score and indicate he never started hole? He clearly couldn't have typed in zero, so is there an option like * means hole not started? It seems weird that another dialogue box pops up asking you the question for a general play round, but does not for a competition round. Pretty inconsistent from the developers it seems

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
We will, though there are still a lot of people uncomfortable being inside club house for too long. And now they are used to using their phone, it will be hard to encourage them not to use it. A lot go straight home after finishing 18th, enter scores once they get home.

Incidentally, even if this player did have seem phone options as rest of us, any ideas how he could have put in a no score and indicate he never started hole? He clearly couldn't have typed in zero, so is there an option like * means hole not started? It seems weird that another dialogue box pops up asking you the question for a general play round, but does not for a competition round. Pretty inconsistent from the developers it seems

Will have a look at the HDID app in more detail at the next comp as I’m normally in early and go straight to the PSI which is positioned by the patio doors.

Swango1980

Visit site
So, I am not sure if I am missing something here, or there is a really stupid issue on the MyEG App. So much so, I've had a confused member phone me to try and figure out their handicap.

In the WHS Course Calculator Option, it tells you your Course Handicap for different courses. Except, it called it PLAYING handicap. So, the member phones me asking if this Playing Handicap includes the 95% allowance for singles stroke play.

Why on earth would it use Playing as the terminology when it should be COURSE handicap?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, I am not sure if I am missing something here, or there is a really stupid issue on the MyEG App. So much so, I've had a confused member phone me to try and figure out their handicap.

In the WHS Course Calculator Option, it tells you your Course Handicap for different courses. Except, it called it PLAYING handicap. So, the member phones me asking if this Playing Handicap includes the 95% allowance for singles stroke play.

Why on earth would it use Playing as the terminology when it should be COURSE handicap?
Have you tried it for yourself on your course?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Can confirm that Swango is correct. Calculates your Course Handicap but calls it Playing Handicap. The 95% calculation is not included....indeed how could it be...the App doesnt know whether you are going to be playing singles, matchplay, 4BBB....all it can do is tell you your Course Handicfap.

IanMcC

Visit site

I can confirm that the Wales Golf app makes the same schoolboy error.