WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On IG we have to enter a 0 for a NR and X for a NS. Many players seem not to not understand the difference between the two and and are entering NS when they walk in after 15 holes in an 18 holes comp, rather than NR

We have IG and our PSI screens show both NR and NS. Is it the app that does not have both?

We have told players on several occasions which button to use and there is a note beside one of the PSI screens but I still hear of players assuming NS means no score as in NR.

Swango1980

Visit site
Stupid question but I presume you tried a sync handicap details?
After continuing to refresh the page, I went to Golf - Casual Rounds. I found the rounds for this player and hit Retry for resending to CDH. But, it said it could not be done.

I then clicked on Sync Handicap Details, but it just said No Changes were found.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am noticing a problem with IG, some of our players have played Q comps at away courses this week and no scores from the clubs played were uploaded to the WHS DB, both clubs are IG. Anyone else had an issue.

Am I also write in thinking that as soon as a score is posted it should go straight through and be displayed on the WHS DB before a comp is closed?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am noticing a problem with IG, some of our players have played Q comps at away courses this week and no scores from the clubs played were uploaded to the WHS DB, both clubs are IG. Anyone else had an issue.

Am I also write in thinking that as soon as a score is posted it should go straight through and be displayed on the WHS DB before a comp is closed?

Don't know about Club V1, but that is what happens with Handicapmaster. Scores go to WHS almost as soon as the player enters the score and WHS shows any likely change to HI for the following day.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yes goes through straight away from Clubv1 to WHS, as happened last two times I've played.

Swango1980

Visit site
Check the history tab in her record on the WHS DB and check it shows your club as the home club.
Just to update, problem resolved. It was a numpty issue in a way, but not one I was expecting. When I "Assigned CDH" on Club V1, it generated her a CDH on WHS as expected. I entered the e-mail address and DOB as required. The issue was, WHS had created her as a Male golfer.I just assumed that, because she is a female on Club V1, then WHS would set her as a Female golfer. Once I updated this on WHS, the scores were sent straight through

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I seem to remember reading somewhere on a Post that WHS expects that any 'Acceptable Rounds' associated with a Club eg. Roll-ups occupying specifically allocated Tee-times, Societies organised within the Club etc. would automatically be accepted as being 'Pre-registered rounds' & cards be required to be returned.
Can anyone point me the Section in WHS where this is a requirement, please?

Swango1980

Visit site
I seem to remember reading somewhere on a Post that WHS expects that any 'Acceptable Rounds' associated with a Club eg. Roll-ups occupying specifically allocated Tee-times, Societies organised within the Club etc. would automatically be accepted as being 'Pre-registered rounds' & cards be required to be returned.
Can anyone point me the Section in WHS where this is a requirement, please?
Page 29 on WHS Manual (i.e. 2.1a iii)

However, there are plenty of members at our club who meet up fairly regularly for a social round of golf / roll up. We do not insist they must submit scores, and there would be no way to police it, unless you got them to book and sign in just like a regular club competition.

As a club, we have also arranged several weekend roll ups, to help integrate the many new members, while giving all members an easy way to book a round without worrying about finding playing partners. We are not asking anyone to submit their scores for handicap. It is just a friendly round of golf. If anyone wishes to hand in a General Play round, then they are free to do so.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Im not sure if there is an IG issue here as I played in an open at a club using IG on Wed and still had no scores added to the WHS DB.
Not sure it is.

Our comp from last Wednesday is missing on Club V1 but the WHS system appears to have updated correctly and handicaps changed.