WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Swango1980

Visit site
I tried to use MyEG App today. I selected the course and tees, but it would not let me continue as it said I needed to be near the course. I was on the first tee. I tried several times, no success, it said I was 7km away (which is about as far away as my house).

Now, I am sure GPS on app has worked before, when I used it back end of last year at an away course to check handicap. So, I'm not sure why it wasn't picking me up.

Pity, as I couldn't register via howdidido this morning either as it was down. Luckily I am handicap sec and can input scores via Club V1 after. But, I can imagine it will cause issues for regular members in future if the tech has hiccups every now and then.

Tod1959

Visit site
I don’t think it’s a connectivity issue, but will check. I think it’s more likely the EG have rushed out the technology without undertaking robust resilience testing. I’m also very frustrated at the way EG have erased the app without any real instruction oon how it’s used. theres no way a business critical system should have been deployed in this way.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've had yet another general play round submitted as "Non Qualifying" on howdidido. So, I've had to go into the system and re-enter this score for the player correctly.

Out of my continued frustration, I've e-mailed Club V1 to state that qualifying is no longer a recognised definition as confusing to many club golfers, despite me sending out e-mails and putting notices on noticeboard to select "qualifying". I've asked why acceptable for handicap and not acceptable for handicap cannot be used. I've also brought up the point that surely "General Play Round" would be a better option than "Casual Round", again fitting with WHS.

They have acknowledged the e-mail and said they'd pass it on to the development team. Hopefully it will be something they will change. I hope other clubs send them similar feedback so they act fairly soon.

wjemather

Visit site
I've had yet another general play round submitted as "Non Qualifying" on howdidido. So, I've had to go into the system and re-enter this score for the player correctly.

Out of my continued frustration, I've e-mailed Club V1 to state that qualifying is no longer a recognised definition as confusing to many club golfers, despite me sending out e-mails and putting notices on noticeboard to select "qualifying". I've asked why acceptable for handicap and not acceptable for handicap cannot be used. I've also brought up the point that surely "General Play Round" would be a better option than "Casual Round", again fitting with WHS.

They have acknowledged the e-mail and said they'd pass it on to the development team. Hopefully it will be something they will change. I hope other clubs send them similar feedback so they act fairly soon.
Given the MyEG app now does a better job, I've disabled HDID for general play/casual rounds until Club Systems get it up to the required level of functionality.

It's been disappointing to see how far CS have fallen behind their competitors in the last 12 months, particularly as far as development goes in getting ClubV1 and HDID fully functional for WHS.

Swango1980

Visit site
Given the MyEG app now does a better job, I've disabled HDID for general play/casual rounds until Club Systems get it up to the required level of functionality.

It's been disappointing to see how far CS have fallen behind their competitors in the last 12 months, particularly as far as development goes in getting ClubV1 and HDID fully functional for WHS.
My issue with MyEG is that it didn't know my location yesterday, despite being at course, so it was impossible to use.

Now, not ruling out I'm being a numpty. But, I can find no way to find any settings on MyEG to ensure it can access my GPS. But it could before Xmas (when checking handicap at away course) and general phone has location settings on.

Mind you, using howdidido, although you can include marker, I do not believe that marker is ever sent a notification to verify a score? MyEG seems to do that, which is good (except what if your marker is IT illiterate and doesn't verify it?)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
My issue with MyEG is that it didn't know my location yesterday, despite being at course, so it was impossible to use.

Now, not ruling out I'm being a numpty. But, I can find no way to find any settings on MyEG to ensure it can access my GPS. But it could before Xmas (when checking handicap at away course) and general phone has location settings on.

Mind you, using howdidido, although you can include marker, I do not believe that marker is ever sent a notification to verify a score? MyEG seems to do that, which is good (except what if your marker is IT illiterate and doesn't verify it?)
EG is good but does require decent access, either to the interweb or via 4G, we have neither unless we are actually in the clubhouse.

Had several cases of markers not being able to work out how to verify the score.

wjemather

Visit site
EG is good but does require decent access, either to the interweb or via 4G, we have neither unless we are actually in the clubhouse.

Had several cases of markers not being able to work out how to verify the score.
I hear that EG will be issuing a user guide soon - no idea why they thought it was acceptable to release the app without one.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I hear that EG will be issuing a user guide soon - no idea why they thought it was acceptable to release the app without one.

Before they write a user guide, maybe they should first stop using the term "marker" when they actually mean "tee". That would stop some basic confusion....had two people now ask me why, when they wanted to select the person who would be marking their card, that it only gave the options of White or Yellow and not any players names!!!!!

wjemather

Visit site
Before they write a user guide, maybe they should first stop using the term "marker" when they actually mean "tee". That would stop some basic confusion....had two people now ask me why, when they wanted to select the person who would be marking their card, that it only gave the options of White or Yellow and not any players names!!!!!
Of course they mean "tee marker", but I presume the abbreviated terminology comes from the New Zealand developers as just "marker" seems to be used throughout their systems.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Of course they mean "tee marker", but I presume the abbreviated terminology comes from the New Zealand developers as just "marker" seems to be used throughout their systems.

Of course they do.....but when the vast majority of golfers have for years understood the term "marker" as being the person who is marking their card it is nonsensical to re-purpose a term that is already commonly understood.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Question about the PCC calculation....

For each day is a PCC calculated for each set of tees.....or is just one PCC calculated and applied to all tees?

Looking at results so far where a PCC has been calculated it appears to be the latter. Only noticed it as only 4 ladies played in a particular mixed comp (so not enough players to do a PCC comp as defined on p55 of the Rules of H'capping) off the red tees, but the same PCC was applied to their scores as it was to the 66 male players who had played off the whites.

Only conclusion is that the PCC is applied globally across all players, unlike in the old CONGU scheme where separate CSS calculations were done for men and ladies.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Question about the PCC calculation....

For each day is a PCC calculated for each set of tees.....or is just one PCC calculated and applied to all tees?

Looking at results so far where a PCC has been calculated it appears to be the latter. Only noticed it as only 4 ladies played in a particular mixed comp (so not enough players to do a PCC comp as defined on p55 of the Rules of H'capping) off the red tees, but the same PCC was applied to their scores as it was to the 66 male players who had played off the whites.

Only conclusion is that the PCC is applied globally across all players, unlike in the old CONGU scheme where separate CSS calculations were done for men and ladies.
It is normally applied globally but exceptionally it may be applied to certain competitions or spanning certain times of the day. See Rule 5.6 Interpretations

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
It is normally applied globally but exceptionally it may be applied to certain competitions or spanning certain times of the day. See Rule 5.6 Interpretations

cheers...i see point 5 says ....determine how much harder or easier the golf course played that day.

I guess golf course covers all different tees.

IanMcC

Visit site
I have a member (from Wales Golf) who is visiting Scotland next week. He is playing Archerfield, St Andrews Old and New. He has asked me to update his record if he sends me photos of the cards. I am unable to drill down to the point where I can enter hole by hole scores on a Scottish Course. I tried the Old Course, and had all the course details. It recognises the course (Blue tees/71.4/129 rating) but the individual holes do not come up to enter scores. Anyone any ideas how I can help him?

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I sent them a similar note. I also suggested they drop the Qual / non-Qual completely as why would you enter scores if you didn't want them to count to handicap?