WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Swango1980

Visit site
I sent them a similar note. I also suggested they drop the Qual / non-Qual completely as why would you enter scores if you didn't want them to count to handicap?
Yeah, I did make that point as well. Just seen several more players have entered non qualifying scores in the last 2 days. I'm not chasing them anymore, they can contact me. They've had emails and it is on Noticeboard, so too bad.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sent them a similar note. I also suggested they drop the Qual / non-Qual completely as why would you enter scores if you didn't want them to count to handicap?

Spoke to them yesterday and they are looking at this. Obviously they have many requests for changes/additions to the current software version, they have to prioritise and do what’s best for the business

IanMcC

Visit site
I have a member (from Wales Golf) who is visiting Scotland next week. He is playing Archerfield, St Andrews Old and New. He has asked me to update his record if he sends me photos of the cards. I am unable to drill down to the point where I can enter hole by hole scores on a Scottish Course. I tried the Old Course, and had all the course details. It recognises the course (Blue tees/71.4/129 rating) but the individual holes do not come up to enter scores. Anyone any ideas how I can help him?
Wales Golf have helped me out on this. I cannot add hole by hole scores, but I can add his adjusted gross score to his record. I need to know the course, course rating, slope rating and par. Id imagine this is the same for someone from England Golf playing in Scotland too.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wales Golf have helped me out on this. I cannot add hole by hole scores, but I can add his adjusted gross score to his record. I need to know the course, course rating, slope rating and par. Id imagine this is the same for someone from England Golf playing in Scotland too.

Seems like Scottish Golf is at odds again with the rest of UK. WHS allows us to do hole by hole scores on Irish and Welsh courses.

D

Deleted member 3432

Had a message from the club regarding a glitch with scores recorded as NR or NS on a hole and asking us to record a 0 score.

Is this a problem on WHS generally or is this an issue with our clubs PSI terminal? Hoping one of our experts could shed some light on this.

Comp results from Wednesday comp have been published but there has been no Handicap Record updates.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a message from the club regarding a glitch with scores recorded as NR or NS on a hole and asking us to record a 0 score.

Is this a problem on WHS generally or is this an issue with our clubs PSI terminal? Hoping one of our experts could shed some light on this.

Comp results from Wednesday comp have been published but there has been no Handicap Record updates.
Medal I presume.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site

On IG we have to enter a 0 for a NR and X for a NS. Many players seem not to not understand the difference between the two and and are entering NS when they walk in after 15 holes in an 18 holes comp, rather than NR

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
On IG we have to enter a 0 for a NR and X for a NS. Many players seem not to not understand the difference between the two and and are entering NS when they walk in after 15 holes in an 18 holes comp, rather than NR
I don't think V1 has the facility to differentiate.

D

Deleted member 3432

Im not sure if there is an IG issue here as I played in an open at a club using IG on Wed and still had no scores added to the WHS DB.

The score is showing under 'my rounds' on IG but not on my Handicap Record so a WHS issue?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
ClubV1 does differentiate. For player entry (psi or hdid), there is a prompt to confirm if the hole was played. For back office entry, "0"/"*" are entered for NR/NS.
Thanks for the information. I haven't tried it but I got the impression from other posts that the option wasn't there.

PS What about the app?

Swango1980

Visit site
Is Club V1 talking to WHS today? Just put in 3 cards for a new member on Club V1, and these are not being sent to WHS (although setting up the CDH on Club V1 added the member to WHS, so that bit worked)