WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

IanMcC

Visit site
So if someone doesnt want an increase in their HI they just bin the card? That seems just as wrong as 18 net double bogies to me.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
So if someone doesnt want an increase in their HI they just bin the card? That seems just as wrong as 18 net double bogies to me.

Action should be taken as they could have well taken another members place or what's to say it was a bad card. All cards MUST be returned. I know that the attitude of some is that if they are having a mare then it doesn't matter but it wouldn't take them 2 min to hand their card in as they walk off the course.

IanMcC

Visit site
Action should be taken as they could have well taken another members place or what's to say it was a bad card. All cards MUST be returned. I know that the attitude of some is that if they are having a mare then it doesn't matter but it wouldn't take them 2 min to hand their card in as they walk off the course.
That is my point exactly. Why should these people have their record of such a round cleared? 18 nett double bogies will do more than having a quiet word and effectively letting them off with it, surely.

wjemather

Visit site
Their handicap secretary should be applying penalty scores when appropriate. If the intention was to avoid an increase, a penalty score equal to their high differential would be entered.

For my 3 guys: 1 was in a rush and forgot to put his card in so I entered his scores on WHS the following day, and the other 2 got caught in slow play (2.5 hours for 9 holes!) and walked off half way round knowing they wouldn't be able to finish, so no problem.

Swango1980

Visit site
I suppose the other issue is, if they hand in card, but walk in on the front 9. Their card could not count for handicap, so action would still need to be taken against this player.

wjemather

Visit site
That is my point exactly. Why should these people have their record of such a round cleared? 18 nett double bogies will do more than having a quiet word and effectively letting them off with it, surely.
But they could be seeking to avoid a reduction or even get an increase, in which case 18 net-doubles will suit them nicely. In this case a penalty score equal to their low differential should be entered.

IanMcC

Visit site
But they could be seeking to avoid a reduction or even get an increase, in which case 18 net-doubles will suit them nicely. In this case a penalty score equal to their low differential should be entered.
Is there any documentary evidence that this should happen? The only thing I can find is a CONGU Advice sheet dated 19th January 2019 saying that we shouldnt enter 18 net double bogies. Nothing to say what we really should do.

wjemather

Visit site
I suppose the other issue is, if they hand in card, but walk in on the front 9. Their card could not count for handicap, so action would still need to be taken against this player.
We also had one walk-off with injury after 7 holes and they handed their card in. ClubV1 didn't really deal with this satisfactorily either; having entered 11 "NS" hole scores, ClubV1 still attempted to send the score through to CDH but thankfully it was rejected.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
We also had one walk-off with injury after 7 holes and they handed their card in. ClubV1 didn't really deal with this satisfactorily either; having entered 11 "NS" hole scores, ClubV1 still attempted to send the score through to CDH but thankfully it was rejected.

As it was an 18 hole comp and the minimum holes weren't completed that might be the reason and it, hopefully, is written into the software.

wjemather

Visit site
As it was an 18 hole comp and the minimum holes weren't completed that might be the reason and it, hopefully, is written into the software.
ClubV1 just says "It was not possible to submit the score to the CDH. Please refresh to view the raw response." but no response gets logged, so who knows. Something informative would be nice!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with the WHS platform today? Today's comp scores don't seem to be getting through and I keep getting the "502 Bad Gateway" page when I'm on and try to do something.

Swango1980

Visit site
Club V1 and Signing In on Today's Golf

When I do this, for example to Sign into a competition, when I leave the page Howdidido seems to log me out, and goes to the sign in page. Does it do this to anyone else? I can click on my shortcut again (or favourites list) to get back in, automatically signed in. But, it seems a bit of an annoying glitch

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club V1 and Signing In on Today's Golf

When I do this, for example to Sign into a competition, when I leave the page Howdidido seems to log me out, and goes to the sign in page. Does it do this to anyone else? I can click on my shortcut again (or favourites list) to get back in, automatically signed in. But, it seems a bit of an annoying glitch
HDID doesn't log me out.

Swango1980

Visit site
We have a new member who has been unable to register with howdidido. I spoke to him on the phone for over half an hour, and sounded like his IT skills are less than average. It seems like he must have registered before, but does not know how, as it will not let him reregister with his e-mail address (although Club V1 indicated this member has not registered with howdidido). Anyway, another Committee member has done a password reset request for him, and asked him to forward the e-mail he gets. His was response was "how do I forward an e-mail".

Meanwhile, a male member has contacted me, saying it does not allow selection of red tees for general play rounds. Had to go through a round of e-mails to realise he was asking because his wife could not register rounds. After messaging other female Committee representatives to check this, they confirmed it was OK, they could select red tees. So, I had to then go back to the chap to investigate further. Turns out he was logged in as himself, and because he had no option for red tees then that he felt meant his wife wouldn't (even though I indicated this in the very first round of correspondence). Once I told him his wife had to log into her own account, he was then pleased to tell me she had the option for red tees.

I have also had to chase the chap who no returned in yesterday's competition, and explain to him the importance of submitting the card.

I have a day job. It is lunch time and golf has kept me busy all day. Nightmare.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a new member who has been unable to register with howdidido. I spoke to him on the phone for over half an hour, and sounded like his IT skills are less than average. It seems like he must have registered before, but does not know how, as it will not let him reregister with his e-mail address (although Club V1 indicated this member has not registered with howdidido). Anyway, another Committee member has done a password reset request for him, and asked him to forward the e-mail he gets. His was response was "how do I forward an e-mail".

Meanwhile, a male member has contacted me, saying it does not allow selection of red tees for general play rounds. Had to go through a round of e-mails to realise he was asking because his wife could not register rounds. After messaging other female Committee representatives to check this, they confirmed it was OK, they could select red tees. So, I had to then go back to the chap to investigate further. Turns out he was logged in as himself, and because he had no option for red tees then that he felt meant his wife wouldn't (even though I indicated this in the very first round of correspondence). Once I told him his wife had to log into her own account, he was then pleased to tell me she had the option for red tees.

I have also had to chase the chap who no returned in yesterday's competition, and explain to him the importance of submitting the card.

I have a day job. It is lunch time and golf has kept me busy all day. Nightmare.

Im spending a good two hours a day on this and like you I’m the unpaid numpty that members think they can ring all day and night.

Had a bit of a moment on the course yesterday when a member came across and asked me to input his casual card when I had finished, asked him if he had pre registered (we have the procedure on inter web and notice boards) he said he hadnt . Quite a picture as I ripped his card up in front of him and then pointed him in the direction of things to read.

Last edited: