Where's The Tee Gone?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you tried bamboo tees? Specifically, try the Ocean Tee ones. I have these and they last for an age. I reckon I use only 2-3 per year.
You know what last even longer than that? Plastic ones. I can't remember ever breaking a pink castle tee in my life. They're the most sustainable thing going. When the nuclear apocalypse has taken place, the cockroaches will walk the earth with pink castle tees on their backs.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I was given one rule in golf. I'd ban wooden tees they just create so much mess.
They don’t damage the mowers as much as plastic though..
especially castle tees they are so tough they can affect the setting of the blades.
we have a small box by each tee block most golfers get them close to it when they throw their broken tees!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I was given one rule in golf. I'd ban wooden tees they just create so much mess.
especially castle tees they are so tough they can affect the setting of the blades.
we have a small box by each tee block most golfers get them close to it when they throw their broken tees!
Either have a little box by the tee to collect them or leave them to the mower. At a past club the manager was against the little boxes, telling people to leave the wooden tees and the mower will decimate them.

If you are going to ban wooden tees then you absolutely should ban plastic, that may happen anyway soon. Bamboo is the future for golf tees :D

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have a pot for broken tees but they are underused. If I am waiting on a tee I have a long scout around and pick up loads. Otherwise just the ones to hand.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
You know what last even longer than that? Plastic ones. I can't remember every breaking a pink castle tee in my life. They're the most sustainable thing going. When the nuclear apocalypse has taken place, the cockroaches will walk the earth with pink castle tees on their backs.
i use orange castles with my driver, i have snapped a few in the hard ground

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Fragger went through a stage of snapping 3 or 4 orange castle tees every round..
Must have been a dodgy batch - the cheapskate......

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Either have a little box by the tee to collect them or leave them to the mower. At a past club the manager was against the little boxes, telling people to leave the wooden tees and the mower will decimate them.

If you are going to ban wooden tees then you absolutely should ban plastic, that may happen anyway soon. Bamboo is the future for golf tees :D
I wonder what the head greenkeeper thought of that?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wonder what the head greenkeeper thought of that?
Pass. The way he said it suggested the mower would eat wooden tees for fun. I'm guessing you are saying it blunts the blades? For what it's worth, very little 😄, I suggested the tee pots/boxes. They make things tidier, collect the plastic tees which don't degrade. The manager rejected the suggestion, he disliked them with a passion. Proprietary club, his rules 🤷‍♂️

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pass. The way he said it suggested the mower would eat wooden tees for fun. I'm guessing you are saying it blunts the blades? For what it's worth, very little 😄, I suggested the tee pots/boxes. They make things tidier, collect the plastic tees which don't degrade. The manager rejected the suggestion, he disliked them with a passion. Proprietary club, his rules 🤷‍♂️
Not so much blunts the blade but it can knock the alignment out.
when they are wet the mower will just mash them up.
but when dry wood is as hard as plastic.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Playing yesterday, I had a bit of a moan about the fact that my drives tend to go too high, and wishing I had a lower trajectory as that would equate to more distance. ( I'm also prone to a bit of a slice.) I normally use a pink tee.

One of my PP's said why don't you try one of my white ones? I took him up on his offer on the 12th. The results surprised me. Height was much the same as before, but every drive went straight as an arrow, no hint of a slice at all. My driving was so good, I went into the pro shop afterwards and splashed out on a packet of white tees.

Here's hoping it continues!
Same for me. I use white tees as I find it gives me more consistency and I don't balloon my drives.

sunshine

Visit site
One of my PP's said why don't you try one of my white ones? I took him up on his offer on the 12th. The results surprised me. Height was much the same as before, but every drive went straight as an arrow, no hint of a slice at all. My driving was so good, I went into the pro shop afterwards and splashed out on a packet of white tees.

Here's hoping it continues!

Can’t believe you’ve recklessly bought a packet of tees “off the shelf” without getting fitted!